1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Facebook IPO

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jacks:Revenge, May 22, 2012.

1. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

2. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Yes; I totally agree............... and I think I'm going to vomit.

3. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Oh, fair enough. I suppose I was a little eager when writing that post. Hopefully it does make sense.
    The problem is, Facebook's P/E is well under half of what they IPO at. The value of the company isn't even worth half of what it is trading at right now. It doesn't matter if they grow 35% in the next 18 months, their valuation will STILL be too high. It's a stock that was destined to crash and burn.

Their current market cap is $66bn. That means they already lost $34bn since Friday. That is insane. That is not an IPO worth putting money into. If you really want some money in Facebook, wait 6 months and the stock should bottom out in single digits.

Aside from all this, the numbers for Facebook have been looking somewhat glum with a lot of analysts saying they've peaked in earnings potential. I wouldn't at all be surprised if that were true.

Edit: On a side note, things are just as bad for their partners. On opening day, Zynga dropped 15% and has dropped another 6% since then.

4. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

5. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

WOw, the price of FB shares are dropping? Who'da thunk it?

6. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Somebody is propping Facebook today. However, the markets in general are dive bombing today.

7. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière