extension of unreal script with c++?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

otomo

Mar 25, 2005
Hi,

For an university-project I am evaluating the unreal engine and unreal script.

My question is:

Is is possible to extend the unreal script by using external c++ functions? Say we got a webcam, and the cam monitors a room. A Person enters a room, which triggers an event.

This is all in c++.

Would it be possible, to get this event into unreal script? Or is the unreal script api all I may use?

Help on this question would be much appreciated.

Bernd

otomo

Mar 25, 2005
hmm, now that i found out, that using c++ within unreal script is only possible in unreal 99, i thought it might be possible to have a c++ application, which triggers the event and simulates a keyPressed-event.

Within Unreal I could catch this key-event. I guess binding specific actions to specific keys is a thing, which should be possible, or not?

Any opinions on that?