1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Extended Mod Menu

Discussion in 'Mod/Mutator Ideas' started by Jehuty, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Jehuty

Jehuty Banned

Is there anything that makes the mod menu longer?

2. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

A higher resolution. ;)

Seriously though I'm not sure why Epic never included a simple scroll function. Boneheads.... :)

3. Jehuty

Jehuty Banned

I still can't see the end if i change the resolution in UT. IT works if i change it in the Display thing in the Control Panel

4. RegularX

RegularX Master of Dagoth Lies

How many mods do you have listed??

You know, technically, someone could write a mute/mod for it. However, it would probably be listed on your menu in a place that couldn't be seen, so it would do you no good....:)

rgx

5. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

Just delete a few that you don't really use anymore.

6. Morter

Morter Commando

Or..

A nice alternative is to highlight the last one you can see, and press on the down arrow. Most mutes and mods should have a descriptions, others'll have "press esc to play" or something of the like. This, in my opinion, is better than deleting a few, because I did it and I found this way out.

7. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

It is possible to replace the mod menu by creating a new one and changing this in UnrealTournament.ini:
    Code:
    [UMenu.UMenuMenuBar]
    ShowHelp=True
    GameUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTGameMenu
    MultiplayerUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTMultiplayerMenu
    OptionsUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTOptionsMenu
    [b]ModMenuClass=UMenu.UMenuModMenu[/b]

8. Jehuty

Jehuty Banned

Replace?

9. Wormbo

Yes, you can replace the Game, Multiplayer, Options and Mod menus by editing UnrealTournament.ini.

You can code a subclass of UMenu.UMenuModMenu which has the additional features (scrolling or submenus) and then search for "UMenu.UMenuModMenu" in UnrealTournament.ini and replace it with the new menu class you have created.
    But I want to warn you: Coding with UT's UWindow system and especially the menus is a very complex thing. It's completely different from coding in the Actor system. I suggest you first try to construct a configuration window for something before taking the final step to the menu system.

10. Jehuty

Jehuty Banned

I didn't understand a word... And why don't your site work?

11. Wormbo

Uhm... Ok. Basically I wanted to say that you can change the menus, but it's difficult.

I don't know what's up with my homepage. I had reports of problems with downloading files from my homepage before. Maybe I should move to a more reliable server.