UE3 - UT3 Exporting Textures

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DonJeffrey

Jan 25, 2008
Hi,

I have a question about exporting textures out of UT3. When I load a package and right click on a material I can't choose export to file (it's grey).

When I select a material and click file->Export... I get an error;
"The requested operation cannot be performed on a cooked package."

Can someone tell how to export textures? <3

And I've another question.
Is it possible to like when I see a nice static mesh in a map (or just from the package) to export them into 3DsMax? Since I can't click "export to file" too.
Do I need another program for that?

Thanks for your time, I've bin searching on the internet with no succes. So you're my hope :D

OutlawSkot33

Im me.
May 27, 2004
that or the msot annoying way... "Print Screen" past into Paint, photoshop or paintshop...and crop...

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Screenshot/paste from the browser works, but only for the RGB channels. Any alpha channel information will be lost, unless you manually extract it with a material shader construction and screenshot/paste that as well so you can merge it back in.

DonJeffrey

Jan 25, 2008
Thanks for the help, I've tried to use TexMod. It works but when I am in the map after 1 minute UT3 crashes. No matter what I do, standing still, walking around, going through textures. Without TexMod on UT3 doesn't crash. :(

For UT2004 I used: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=455&d=1091370515

With that tool you can export textures, meshes and music. Something like that for UT3 would be sweet.

Now I'm prnt screening which also works :p

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
You can make it so the unreal editor thinks it's an un-cooked package:

obj savepackage file=[filename] package=[package_to_save]

Hyperforce

Apr 26, 2005
netherlands
can you clarify that please. I'm trying to export a mesh from UN_Rock because it doesn't have a decent UV layout for lightmaps, meaning I get strange shadows on it when I light it with a lightmap.

DGUnreal

Level Designer
May 22, 2006
You can make it so the unreal editor thinks it's an un-cooked package:

That only helps if you want to duplicate the asset to another package such as your map file.
You still cannot export most stock content directly because when cooked the original format data is removed.
"Uncooking" it in this method does not "re-import" the missing original data format.

Last edited: