1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

exciting times for inf players

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by [Killswitch], Jun 17, 2003.

1. kungpaosamuraiii

kungpaosamuraiii HOVER TANKS

Tracers is what we need. At least they work to suppress me.

Ever played the live-fire training portion of Halflife:Opposing Forces? There's a part where you have to navigate to the end of a semi-maze while four guys on M2s are raining fire on you. It's a hellish experience even if it's really fake.

2. (SDS)benmcl

(SDS)benmcl Why not visit us here in the real world.

RA supression fire works. We use plenty and I have pinned many people while team mates get the kill. I think the reason it doesn't work with many people is that on medium to longer ranges people want to put as much steel down range to keep the guy there.

The problem is accuracy and a good player knows that the recoil is throwing your aim off at that range and rate of fire and he can get a shot in with a good chance of a kill. I know it may sound weird but measured and steady supression fire at those ranges seems to work better. Its not as single minded as a sniper but your not throwing everything down range all at once.

And yes, sometimes you do have to throw a drum down there but its usually the exception.

3. Dr. Beer

Dr. Beer go away and die

heh INF realistic? Well, it is more realistic than anything else out there, but even with the latest versions of RA it still isn't very realistic.

I guess you are just limited more by the engine than anything else.

4. jayhova

jayhova Don't hate me because I'm pretty

I made a suggestion some time ago about using adreneine in INF. The idea was this. When you are comfortable and in a good shooting position it's pretty easy to aim your weapon. When you are breathing hard and are under fire it's much harder to aim. The way I'd like to simulate this is by varying the mouse sensitivity. As your comfort level decreases your mouse sensitivity go up. I recently had the idea of randomly varying the sensitivity somewhat so that the aim is even harder to control.

5. kungpaosamuraiii

kungpaosamuraiii HOVER TANKS

I think that is probably the best way of doing it. There's probably no way to make players fear as much for their e-lives as much as their real lives when bulletscome down at them so we can't leave it totally up to the player to make his/her own adrenaline.

Varying the sensitivity is the most sensible choice since conefire is out of the question. It should occur is a bullet hits within a certain radius and when shooting more than a few bullets. The sensitivity shouldn't increase that much though..

6. TheSmisker

TheSmisker CaseSensitive

Hmm, that sounds pretty interesting JayHova... has anyone tried making it into e-reality?

7. ragingsamster

ragingsamster oldfartis nongratis

There are two reasons that I like Inf better than AA
    1.) Last Player Countdown
    2.) Weapons!
    Bonus reason:
    3.) AA's Counterstrikean quantities of cheatin n00b haxorz

I'm gonna like 2.9 but I'm sportin a tremendous w00dy for Inf to move to the Unreal Warfare engine (That'll stomp AA into the ground)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2003
  8. [Killswitch]

[Killswitch] GHOST

THREAD JIJACKED!!
    lol