ETA normal working BU forums?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I was looking for a post about the slow working forums but i can't find one.

Some days ago i read (frontpage) about a problem with the site+forums being hard to reach. Since then i've seen no more news about it. BU frontpage appears to be working right, so i wonder when the forums will be back to normal speed?

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, good question. Mal and Pete have been working on it for a couple of days now. They've upgraded the php accelerator and done a few tweaks to investigate possible library issues. Our database server is running very well. In fact, everything on the site is completely back to normal except for the forums. Rest assured that we will get it fixed one way or another and hopefully sooner than later.

Rodzilla

PuF Fossil
[UM]theswarm said:
I know this idea has been rejected before, but I wonder if clearing out all the 1-post accounts from at least a couple of years ago would help?

If you know it's been rejected before, you'd think you would know why it was rejected. The reason that it won't matter is because accounts that aren't used simply don't matter. They take up a negligable amount of database space and that's it. Deleting them won't speed things up, at least not noticably.

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
hal said:
Yeah, good question. Mal and Pete have been working on it for a couple of days now. They've upgraded the php accelerator and done a few tweaks to investigate possible library issues. Our database server is running very well. In fact, everything on the site is completely back to normal except for the forums. Rest assured that we will get it fixed one way or another and hopefully sooner than later.

have they tried updateing the VB version? I had a problem similar to this on my forums and after updateing the vb version it fixed it. it might have been jsut a corrupt file or something...

worth a try :)

shame I can't view the forums sometimes as i get a message "server is busy" :(

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, we're already running the latest version of vb.

If you got a server is busy message it was because they were experimenting with limiting the number of connections for troubleshooting purposes. You shouldn't be getting that anymore.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
[UM]theswarm said:
I know this idea has been rejected before, but I wonder if clearing out all the 1-post accounts from at least a couple of years ago would help?

No, like I said the db server is running very well. In fact, all php processes are doing great except for the forums.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I get Server is Busy messages all the time no matter when I come to the forums.

In fact I just got one trying to post this message and another and another

LooseCannon

... but it's not pink ... ooh yes it is!
Oct 27, 2004
Hampshire, UK
Yup, I take it back. As soon as I posted above, it's like treacle in here.

In fact, I've been trying to post this or something like it for a few hours but with server busy message...

LooseCannon

... but it's not pink ... ooh yes it is!
Oct 27, 2004
Hampshire, UK
This is probably the kiss of treacle, but BuF's back to normal for me at the moment. Probably because America's in bed (except -AEnubis- :) )

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hmm slightly better...but yeah, I only get on the forums when it's evening. I'm from ZE EUROPE, eh.
Slightly better.

btw: My sister got bitten by a moose once.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Is anyone else getting wierd links in their posts...

I had one pop up in one of my earlier posts and now I'm seeing links on certain words in other people's posts as well...
They seem to lead to some "enhance my search" page that has Ebay banners all over it. Is this something going on for all forumers.... or is it just wierdness from my sisters crap-ass gateway laptop I'm on at the moment.
Seems the word "work" is a popular one that shows up as a linkeroo...
Wouldn't surprise me if it's something in this compy though...