1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ESWC Selects 16 For UT2004

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Jun 8, 2004.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

The ESWC has issued the following press release, detailing the 16 chosen for the Masters Cup:

Electronic Sports World Cup 2004 : Unreal Tournament 2004 - 16 selected players
    Paris, June 7th, 2004 - The Unreal Tournament 2004 Masters Cup of the Electronic Sports World Cup 2004 will gather 16 players. After a careful analysis of the 109 candidates, the selection committee has selected the following players:

BurningDeath (Germany)
    CombatCarl (United States)
    Fist1 (Brazil)
    Forrest (Italy)
    Gitzzz (Germany)
    Infinite (United States)
    Lauke (Netherlands)
    Mad (Belgium)
    Navigator (Russia)
    Rocketboy (China)
    Schnigg (Germany)
    Shag (United Kingdom)
    Th0r (France)
    Varagh (Hungria)
    Zero-1 (South Africa)
    Zulg (Sweden)

For more information about Unreal Tournament 2004, feel free to contact Olivier Paradis.

2. Virt

Virt UT addict :D

Gitzzz made it, huh? Big surprise. I'd like to see the match-up between CombatCarl and him, though....

Hasn't Gitzzz won every competition he made it into?

3. grimstar

grimstar New Member

Oh no hal, brightskins, run!

:eek: ;)

4. {MåçE}

{MåçE} ma$e is back!!??

i cant believe they accepted infinite

5. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

One player from the UK, nice to know we're doing well... </sarc>

Every international competition anyway. I think he's the only person to have managed that (not 100% sure though).

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  6. Virt

Yeah, he's the only one to do that. S'why I wasn't surprised that he made it. :lol:

I consider myself allright at DM in 2k4, but...heh, I'd be massacred if I ever played Gitzzz. The score'd be 27 to -8 by the time it was over. lol I'd be lucky to keep my score at 0.

Besides, his game is cat and mouse. He's deadly with the lightning gun, I've heard. I've been trying to find demo's of him playing, but none of them turn up any results.

7. Forgetful

Forgetful Here is party?

Where's the love for Canada :(

8. atropos

atropos The One and Only

Yay, Mad made it! Go Belgium!

BTW: Didn't Fatal1ty win every competition too?

9. zukeft

zukeft New Member

As far as UT2k3 goes, he won the 2002 Winter CPL; he got third place in the 2003 ESWC; and that's it. He did not qualify for the 2003 WCG (k°stryfe and k°infinite did better than he did ^^;). He's a good player, but there are better out there.

10. Virt

Yeah. Like GitzZz. ^_^; I think he'll win.

11. Max]I[muS-X

Max]I[muS-X New Member

GitzZz isn't so sure though. In an interview with Schroet.com, here's some things he had to say before ESWC 2004 began.

What are your expectations for the event?

Looking at the competition it’s really hard to estimate an outcome. Having a lack of aim or concentration for one day can cost you the whole tournament so I really can’t say anything about it. Anything is possible from 1st–10th spot, hopefully not worse. Finishing top 3 would be very nice but I will have to practise more to achive that.

To be honest, do you have any worries about winning the ESWC title this year? Any worries?

I do think it’s good to think positive, but expecting to win ESWC with players like lauke or Forrest included in the tournament would be ignorant. Some days I hit everything and everything goes fine, but at the moment my skill is way too unstable. One day I play like in old UT99 times the next day I lose against players I shouldn’t lose against. I will have to figure a way to improve the stability in my game or maybe I will need more than just a bit luck to place top at ESWC.

The Most Valuable European UT2004 Player in 2004 is …?

I haven’t played much vs European players to be honest. But thor^ impressed very much by placing 1st in the 1on1 tournament at „The Summit“. So at the moment I would name him as a attender of that title. It’s still a bit too early to judge though.

Not SK|GitzZz?

I haven’t been that successful in UT2k4 (yet). I lack some concentration and training so at the moment I wouldn’t call myself an attender for the „most valuable european ut2k4 player“. I will rather be able to tell after the ESWC I think. The only non-german player attending ESWC I have played was lauke recently so I really can’t judge about it yet.

Here's hoping his record isn't tainted, but there's a good chance he won't make it to #1. Lauke or BurningDeath probably have a better chance this year. He would still be the best gamer to ever grace a keyboard in my opinion, though.