1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[EPIC] Please read..

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by DeeperShade, Aug 9, 2005.

?

Should EPIC release the source for the UT99 engine?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. I have a monkey in my pants. He's called Eric.

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. DeeperShade

DeeperShade Banned

Now that UT99 is old hat, and you've since brought out 4-5 new games, can you please release the source for the UT99 engine to the community?

You're not making any money off of the game anymore, and the old engine is no longer of any use to you, but it would be of use to us.

Submitted is a poll to see what the community thinks about this.

2. B

B Bee

I wanted to vote for "I have a monkey in my pants. He's called Eric." But he's called willy. :(

3. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

Heh, don't see why not - could be used to great use for education at least.

4. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

I would like it, but I don't think they will. The reason is that the Unreal Engine still does things that UE1 did. That means exploits. One advantage to id's architecture is that they aren't bound by each iteration of their engine. Quake 3 is totally seperate from Doom 3. A disadvantage to that though is that you waste a lot of time writing really basic stuff over again.

At any rate, it would be good if they can, but I doubt they will.

5. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

UT <--- is an older game, but it's not old hat. It would be if hardly anyone would be playing it.. but since there are over 2000 people still doing so (ok not all the time duh), I wouldn't call it "old hat".

6. Mætlöaff

Mætlöaff New Member

I'd say they might release it if the sales of UT2k7 are good enough, but odds are they won't even if they sales are good. Would be nice.