Epic picks out some straaaange names...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Alright so I was browsing the Merriam-Webster website and I thought I'd look up the definition of "Cicada" for the hell of it...

Main Entry: ci·ca·da
Pronunciation: s&-'kA-d&, -'kä-; sI-'kA-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -das also ci·ca·dae /-'kA-(")dE, -'kä-/
Etymology: New Latin, genus name, from Latin, cicada
: any of a family (Cicadidae) of homopterous insects which have a stout body, wide blunt head, and large transparent wings and the males of which produce a loud buzzing noise usually by stridulation.

I mean...seriously...wtf :hmm: What I found even more bizzare is that this was one of the most heavily searched terms of '04. Sharing the top 10 list with such words as "Partisan", "Hurricane" and, everyone's favorite, "Incumbent".

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
cicadas are pretty common. I even hear them here at home in berlin in hot summers. There are a few weed fields close to my place.(and in italy... hot damn! so many of them)

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Reciprocity said:
Alright so I was browsing the Merriam-Webster website and I thought I'd look up the definition of "Cicada" for the hell of it...

Main Entry: ci·ca·da
Pronunciation: s&-'kA-d&, -'kä-; sI-'kA-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -das also ci·ca·dae /-'kA-(")dE, -'kä-/
Etymology: New Latin, genus name, from Latin, cicada
: any of a family (Cicadidae) of homopterous insects which have a stout body, wide blunt head, and large transparent wings and the males of which produce a loud buzzing noise usually by stridulation.

I mean...seriously...wtf :hmm: What I found even more bizzare is that this was one of the most heavily searched terms of '04. Sharing the top 10 list with such words as "Partisan", "Hurricane" and, everyone's favorite, "Incumbent".

I think it had so many hits is that they came out here USA real heavy ,eastern US.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I remember reading somewhere that ASMD was an acrynem for "And suck my..." (you can complete that one) and "Redeemer" was the name of a chapel down the street from the studios Epic was using at the time they were making UT.

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Srry, teh surgery on my jewls has resulted in a split personality. This is the normal part talking, but ooo ooo. (black out)

I like to smell underware!!!