1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"Envy"

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Symbolikal, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Symbolikal

Symbolikal Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I like most of Epic's changes in the next game that've been reported by CGM. What changes did you like and hate about what has been published in CGM and announced by Epic?
    p.S w00t, first post in the new forum!

2. iron12

iron12 New Member

Lot of unanswered questions though. :)

Like the scorpion, will it just have rockets or the green stringy thing to, I like the green stringy things good for stoping mantas.

Will it have the decapataing blade things, not very effective but cool non the less.

I'm more of the cool, fun stuff and not to much on the competitive part of it. :)

3. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

I don't like the fact that the sniper is in and the LtG is out. Since they've gotten rid of the mini, wouldn't it seem logical to remove the next hitscan bullet weapon? The LtG so SOwned the sniper at everything.

The only bullet use should be from the Enforcers, or whatever they are in this new game, imho.

4. BooGiTyBoY

BooGiTyBoY The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR

No shieldgun/impact hammer mentioned.

F.U. Epic. :(

And Gorge better not be the eye-liner wearing "I have no fans" depressed lame-o they made him out to be in UC2. grrrrrrrrrr.....

5. Symbolikal

Symbolikal Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

It'll be modded Boogs. As AS will be.

6. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

Yeah, but it's different when it's as such. I can't see them taking that out, without replaceing it with some form of melee weapon, and I don't see them leaning it towards UC2 melee combat... I think it's just an oversight. No mention is definately not as definitive as mention as it was for the minigun (R.I.P).

I really need to read the articles though... has it been said that the sniper is in? (and I promise I'll read them as soon as I get some time :) )

7. RaptoR

RaptoR been here far too long

I seriously doubt they'll end up shipping Envy without some sort of melee weapon... here's hoping the Impact Hammer will make a return :).

8. Olga

Olga Miffed

It would be cool if you could punch and kick people in UT Envy, I'm unsure whether a 3rd person camera would work better than a 1st person.

I hope they add melee WEAPONS to the game too.

9. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Ever tried this mutator?

Kakutou

(sorry, couldn't find it on BU modsquad)

10. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

I'm with JD. The sniper rifle is so cliche and boring. Lightning pwns your smelly ass. I hope Gorge is still the man. I'm glad about the Enforcers coming back, as well as the supposed return to "in your face" combat as opposed to "OMG you can't hit me LOLOLz!!1"

Boog, most, if not all, FPS games have had some kind of melee attack, so I'm sure they won't leave one out. Even Goldeneye had the "CHOP CHOP CHOP you up good" move when you ran out of ammo.

11. Bang Yr Head

Bang Yr Head ( )

I think the sheildgun/impact hammer is a staple of the series. Half it's use goes towards trick jumping. I doubt they would leave it out....

12. -AEnubis-

Yeah, and one of my favs, Q3A's gauntlet. Thing sucked, but the award for it, especially with that system was awesome.

The jumping bit does add another dimension that I don't think they will abandon.

Yeah, if it's cSR and no LtG that does suck... LtG was a really cool original weapon... unless they are moving the cSR to a projectile based shell, then I may think that is ok. Like, a projectile shell with carry through... more damage, lowered ROF.

13. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

So basically a "Heavy" bullet. Like Tungsten casing or something.

14. -AEnubis-

Basically. Dunno what makes it as such in reality, but similar to the CS AWP, or the Halo Sniper Rifle, Q3 Rails etc, where you can hit multiple opponents with it.

15. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

I've actually killed two people standing next to each other with one LtG shot before. Yay lightning splash. It was offline too so it's not like the engine messed up. :D

16. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

LtG used to be able to doubleheadshot, now it can do splash damage - i've had several occasions of LtG double kills.

And please for the love of god don't usbject us to the ****ty sniper rifle again, LtG is just *so* much more fun & 'unreal' - just give it some god damn decent sounds (ie a good 'fwhoomp' when it hits something instead of is 'crickle' sounds)

17. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

No Shield + No LtG = No purchase. You getting it yet Epic?!? :mad:

18. SanitysEdge

SanitysEdge Aspiring Astrophysicist

Shield gun = stay out. LtG can stay in, I perfer it more than the sniper rifle aswell.

19. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Maybe they should make a sniper rifle/ligthing gun mutator. So you can choose which weapon you want...

Eh, it's impossible pleasing everyone.
    I'm not too keen on the idea (if it will happen)that the minigun will be replaced by a stinger (but what will it be like)...
    So let's wait and see what happens.

20. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

If Epic do leave the LtG out, I'll add it back in :D With a normal map for all that lovely detail too of course :tup: