Enforcer Mutator for 2k7

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

chu::LOB::

Nov 22, 2004
Here's what I am looking for:

Mutator that replaces ALL assault rifles (and assault rifle ammo) with Enforcers + Ammo respectively. I'd like try out enforcers on fractionary replacing the AR, but want to balance them against the other weapons.

so the mutator should allow me to adjust damage of primary and secondary fire.

i.e. primary may do 15-17 damage, but NOT 25 (because with dual enforcers you'd be doing 50 per hit).

Thanks for your time!

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Having two enforcers only increased the rate of fire, so you can't get "50 dmg in one hit", they always alternate.

Damage in each fire should remain mostly the same, since one is just a faster fire with a wicked cone, and one is the slow fire with no cone what so ever.

Silly with the "trying to prepare" we are. I'll be in pubs still slinging lightning.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
There is a mutator that does bring enforcers for UT2004 already I think, but the damage is not adjustable. Either that or it was for UT2003, and crashes 2k4 when loaded, I can't remember.

If I were you, I'd either PM Radiosity on these forums, I know he is working on a pack that uses enforcers, or I'd ask the UTR team (Ask me, and I'll get in contact with the leader) if they'd be willing to make some slight changes to theirs for you.

Nov 22, 2004
thanks guys! yep - i meant for 2k4 - and re-using UTR's work would be awesome!

i hope this works out. AR = teh poo.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Thought for anyone interested in making this; you'd probably have to reduce the ROF from what it was in UT99, or it'd just be too darn powerful.

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
Pineconeboy said:
Thought for anyone interested in making this; you'd probably have to reduce the ROF from what it was in UT99, or it'd just be too darn powerful.
That's what those UTR programming bastards did. The enforcer fires way too slow.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Pineconeboy said:

Yeah well, it can be quite inacurate aswell, or limiting the ammo for it.

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
slower rof better. Inaccuracy is basically why everyone hates the ar7, but 40 ping hit-scan is silly, so slowed rof is probably best. Less ammo really don't do so much good, since you don't run around using enforcers primarily.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
DDRRE said:
That's what those UTR programming bastards did. The enforcer fires way too slow.

Really? It *should* be firing the same, we used pretty accurate timers. I guess I've got another bug to report....

I'll get in contact with Bersy about the useage of UTR's, but I don't see why there should be any problems. I'll let you know what he says.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
they should fire slower anyway, regardless of whether or not they fit in ut99, 2k4 is a slower (in terms of how long it takes to kill a target) game.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
That and a such accuracy over a long distance puts it in the same category as shock/lightning in that if you're far away from someone with anything but shock/lightning you're not in any danger.

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
nuttella said:
The ROF was fine. If you reduce the damage, I don't see the problem.

Yeah, but then it´s just like a more accurate assault rifle. Slower ROF/better damage requires more skill. It only does 25 per hit anyways. The cone in UT99, if I recall correctly, was actually rather complicated. Single enforcer was 100% accurate on the first shot, but if you held down the trigger it had a very small cone. However you could just take single shots and keep that accuracy, which I liked. Double enforcers were less accurate, and the 2ndary fire with either single or double enforcers had a much better ROF but a huge cone.

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
chu::LOB:: said:
i.e. primary may do 15-17 damage, but NOT 25 (because with dual enforcers you'd be doing 50 per hit).

Just saw this. I always thought the 50 per hit thing in UT99 was some kind of bug, because sometimes the double enforcers both fired at once with the same ROF, and sometimes they fired one after the other with double the ROF. Personally I like the latter better, and you could adjust it to make sure it wasn´t more powerful than, say, the shock rifle by decreasing the accurcy when using 2 enforcers.

Either way, you SHOULD get a better gun with two enforcers. It could make the stranglehold control characteristic of 2k4 TDM less impossible to break and encourages teamwork (tossing your companions your enforcer).