1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Slainchild, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

You act surprised by this?

Has there ever been a multiplatform game where the 360 version didn't take priority?

2. togmkn

togmkn tog-em-kay-en

Supreme Commander 1/2? (Otherwise, you're completely right.)

3. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

Dragon Age: Origins, Batman: AA, ME2, I would say BC2 but PC didn't get Onslaught (though it was completely an awesome version not gimped); there are plenty of others. Some games get reduced, which is sad, but it isn't a rule. Oblivion didn't run and look like crap because it was on the 360, it ran and looked like crap because Bethesda games just do that.

~Jason

4. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

But all of those games have at least one retarded cave-in that can be squarely blamed on supporting a controller.

Oblivion's inventory system wasn't terrible because it was just terrible, it was made for a TV and a controller.

ME2's inventory system and several other parts of the game were definitely geared towards playing on a TV using a controller.

I also don't know how you can still be on about BC2. Yes, the game is awesome. But that doesn't mean that console versions of the game weren't given more priority and focus than the PC version. The lack of Onslaught on PC is just an example of that.

5. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

+1

I really need to build a new rig.

6. dragonfliet

Meh, the font was too big in Oblivion, I feel that ME2 was perfectly adapted to the PC, so you're arguing preference there and BC2 not getting onslaught was annoying, but the game itself certainly wasn't nerfed. It's obvious what side a dev's bread is buttered, I'm just saying there are tons of games that aren't obviously trailing behind on the PC.

~Jason

7. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Sure, I think almost all of what one could consider "consolization" comes down to a person not liking a decision that was made on PC that seems to favor some aspect of console gaming (as opposed to PC gaming).

8. Wulff

Wulff Bola Gun fun anyone?

The main problem with Oblivion/Fallout is the longer you play, the more crash prone it gets, if they can fix that, I'll be alot happier.

9. -Jes-

-Jes- Tastefully Barking

Inb4 Estrus mod for Skyrim.

There, I called it. :eek:

10. AMmayhem

AMmayhem Mayhem is everywhere

The first Mass Effect was so much better on PC than ME2. No hotkeys for weapons, quest log, nor level up screen in ME2. Fail.

11. Juggalo Kyle

Juggalo Kyle Sup brah.

I haven't decided if I'm going to buy this on the 360 or the PC yet. I would like to on the 360 so I actually use it other than my normal DVD player, but at the same time I would enjoy it on the PC, where I would probably have more time to play. Meh, we'll see.

12. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Considering the lack of quality control in relation to the buggy state Bethesda has habit of releasing its games in...a PC version may be preferable. Plus, there is an active fan community that always anticipates this sort of thing with each new release and they make some helpful mods. As someone who has played Bethesda games like Oblivion, Fallout 3, and their DLCs on a console...when the bugs crop up they can be mighty inconvenient (and I'll include New Vegas since there is no difference when it comes to bugs. I'm currently on my third try in Dead City since two bugs previous made it unplayable and I gotta tell you...I'm enacting the three strike rule on this one).

If the games weren't so thoroughly engrossing when they are working fine I wouldn't put up with such a prolific display crappy testing. But they are, so I'm an apologist. They need to get some Japanese guys on their team for precisely this job. When I read the credits for New Vegas after beating the game, I nearly died laughing when the "Testers" list popped up. Two friggin names. Sounds about right.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  13. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

14. Al

Al Reaper

You beat me to it :)

15. dragonfliet

16. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Looking good!

17. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

Oosh, Doosh, Dah!

18. -Jes-

-Jes- Tastefully Barking

Bam, Bum, Pow!

19. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE I WANT TO PLAY THIS NAO.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  20. Al

Al Reaper

This!