editor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rudeman

Nov 20, 1999
ont
Visit site
What I was wondering Is Im Just Starting to play around with the Unreal editor..
Ive used the Doom editor and Duke editor
stuff But what I was wondering was can anyone tell me Where to Find a really good Tutorial For it..
Im having Alot of Problems Figuring this thing Out..
Ive built My First room But having alot Of problems with stuff Like Boxes and stuff Sitting Strait On the Floor and Not Being like and inch above it..
Doing stuff Like Door Ways. with doom It was Just add the sector and make sure the Vertexes Were joined But there was Never any Upper Levels That you could walk over as another Person ran under you..
Thanks for any help you can give me

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
http://www.unrealed.net

loands of neat stuff

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) , a.k.a. [SkW]Deathwish in DM.
Email me hellscrag@lineone.net
Check my website <A HREF="http://surf.to/scragsite
" TARGET=_blank>http://surf.to/scragsite
</A>

Rudeman

Nov 20, 1999
ont
Visit site
Ok Ive got My first hallway HEHEHHE
But I was Doing some reading and It says clone the the Hallway More or Less but I cant get mine to Clone the hole thing Like It takes everything On the Outside Of the Box But Nothing From the Inside???
I know It says that If it dosent take It all To just add the Box back again and It would work But i can add that Box 100's of times and still the same thing takes the Outside But Nothin from the inside..
Ive even tryed to box the Box Bigger By 16 and it still wont take the Inside Of the hallway can anyone Tell me why Please ????

thanks

Rudeman

Nov 20, 1999
ont
Visit site
Its the tutorial From the very First Link above Its under Beginner tutorials...
What i cant figure out is why It dosent Work the same way they explain it For some reason the way they explain it and the way that it works Seems to be 2 Different things..
Like In the one part it tells you to use a 1024x1024x1024 room to Do your Building in But what I cant figure Out is why because the Only box that seems to go in there Is the very first Box you build and eveything after that ends Up Being right On top of what your Building...
The Prob That Im having is they make you Build a hallway That suppost to look like a Mine.. Ok then you had supports To make It Look Like its Holding alot of wait..
Ok then He tells you Make a Box 256x256x256
box and Put it around the outter edge Of the hallway then Hit the Button to clone it and slide it over and it should just look Like the first one you made Then You click The other Button to remove the parts you dont Need Well when you Do that the Hole Thing you have Just cloned Goes Bye bye and there Not Highlighted Or anything when I do it..
So if anyone Knows why please Let me Know
thanks Or tell Me what Im doing wrong
Bye Bye