1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EDITING: Texture options

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Marscaleb, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Marscaleb

Marscaleb New Member

It's been a while since I've tried to make a UT2K4 map, and I'm getting details confused with other Unreals.

Is it possible to set a texture to render as a nearest filter instead of bilinear? I'm trying to make it look intentionally pixely. Either to change it for the whole game or for an individual texture.

Question two, I don't know what the term is, but is it possible to change like a default scaling for a texture?
    Normally when a texture is applied to some BSP, as the default scale it is displayed at one texel to one unreal unit. A 256 square texture will perfectly cover a 256 unit block.
    But is it possible to have a texture... pre-scale before it is applied in the world? So for example, if I want my 128 texture to cover a 256 unit block, but without adjusting the texture scale on the surface. So every place that texture is used, it becomes stretched as if it were scaled to 2.0, but I don't have to actually adjust that on every surface, it just appears that way naturally.
    Is this possible, and if so, how?

2. meowcat

meowcat take a chance

Yes, sort of. You create a TexScaler in your MyLevel map package, and then set the texture scaling to something like UScale=2.0 and VScale=2.0 (or maybe it is 0.5.... I don't remember off the top of my head). Then just apply your TexScaler instead of the texture to all of those bsp surfaces.