1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Echo, echo, echo...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hermskii, May 27, 2015.

1. Hermskii

Hermskii www.Hermskii.com

Wow... This place has gotten quiet. The new look? Nope. What then? Politics! We need some political discussions going on all up in here! Yeah baby! I'll start!

How many republican contenders will there be by the end of the year? I'm going with 50.

2. Luv_Studd

Luv_Studd Member

Bernie, Bernie, Bernie...

Vaskadar and Al like this.
  3. tomcat ha

tomcat ha Well-Known Member

IRC PALS

4. Al

Al Reaper

Odds are he won't win the nomination, but damn it would be great if he did. I'm voting for him.

5. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

Sanders / Warren 2016

Al likes this.
  6. DarkED

DarkED The Great Oppression

Voting republican may as well be voting against poor people. As a poor person, I feel it would be counter-intuitive to do so.

Al likes this.
  7. Jacks:Revenge

GOP is a literal clown car.

8. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

9. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

Talking about the 2016 election when primaries are still almost a year away? Psh, we should be talking about the 2020 election! Will Hillary be able to keep her second term or will the GOP finally learn their lesson and pick a moderate to run?

10. cryptophreak

cryptophreak unbalanced

I’m amazed to see a candidate taken remotely seriously in the States with this as his list of big issues:

[​IMG]

Perhaps there’s a glimmer of hope for us yet?

Vaskadar, Al and Balton like this.
  11. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

^wow!

12. Al

Al Reaper

And that's a huge reason why I'm voting for him. Climate change is the number one issue for me and should be for everyone. If we're all dead because we completely destroyed the earth, all the other issues don't matter. We can't afford to bother with other candidates that claim it doesn't exist just to appease the fossil fuel industry. The science is there. We need to fix and reverse what we're doing or die claiming to be ignorant.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  13. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Word.

If you want capitalism to work you have to have a workforce to make stuff for people to buy. There are no jobs for anyone on a dead planet..........

Al likes this.
  14. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

Over here people vote against their own interests all the time. It's bizarre, hilarious, depressing... I'm not getting used to it.

15. Jacks:Revenge

people vote against their own interests in the US, too.

they're called Southerners.

Al likes this.
  16. Al

Al Reaper

And the extremely religious. How can you be wrong when you (a politician) say God told you to lower taxes on millionaires and billionaires and raise them on the poor and middle classes because trickle-down economics work?

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  17. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

Aka golden shower economics.

Al likes this.
  18. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

19. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Yawha?

That's not how things like this work. That concept is that taxes should be low across the board because the less taxes people pay the more money people have to spend. Including rich jerks that own huge companies and pay people to work for them. I realize there are selfish and greedy people and that it doesn't always work but trickle down economics does make sound logical sense. It's not like less selfish and greedy people get your money when it goes to the government. Or did "trickle up economics" get a good scientific test somewhere? Especially somewhere where 60 cents of every dollar goes to "administrative costs"? :p

(Also FWIW, almost all impoverished people and a good chunk of the middle class don't have any tax liability at all on a yearly basis)

20. Al

Al Reaper

Bruzz: I exaggerated a little with the whole God-told-me-so bit.

Since we've been trying it since I was born (30+ years starting with Reagan), when do the benefits kick in? Maybe we need another 30+ years to test it out? Trickle-down is just a way for the already disgustingly rich to hoard even more money.

It hasn't worked. It'll never work. Time to try something else. Tax the rich like FDR taxed the rich.

Also, when taxes are low across the board, things like infrastructure and education suffer.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015