EAS map´s Petitions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
Fat Marrow said:
Re: Wentham & UKTown (and GreatInn for that matter :p)

One thing I find amusing is that there's now all this fuss about EAS, when it's not that different to the old assault mode -- it's just that the new maps are kick-ass compared to most old ones :)

theire wasn't enough good AS maps in 2.86 to run a full server ;)

and plz try to make the FPs higher in greatINN , when we are facing the building... polish it like you polished UK town and i'll kiss your feet :D

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Vega-don said:
theire wasn't enough good AS maps in 2.86 to run a full server ;)

and plz try to make the FPs higher in greatINN , when we are facing the building... polish it like you polished UK town and i'll kiss your feet :D

Hmm... I can't remember what I ever did to 'polish' UK town, I'm afraid, and I spent a long time trying to improve the FPS on GreatInn without much success at all. If anyone has any ideas, I'll try 'em...

But were the objectives on all of them fine, or should I change them?

PS have you ever seen my feet? :eek:

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
theire was 2 maps
lite and normal

i prefered normal because you could go on roofs and up the building next to the objective building

this is a pic of the lite.. you could use the normal map and just reduce details in this area below :

dm-inf-greatinn-lite2.jpg

this screen above shows the only place where FPS drops REALY. the others areas run fine. emptying the "pret a manger" from chairs and tables should increase FPS alot . maybe removing some cars.. and having nothing behind the glasses

Last edited:

w00p

Windows at its best
Momentarily, no maps are good for EAS that were in 286. Period.
Chasm isn't (unless you give it a few more entrances), siberia isn't, kazakstan isn't, sicily isn't, norwich ESPECIALLY isn't, ...

DTAS is not EAS.
DTAS was possible on every map because of its randomness, simplicity and Random spawns.
EAS is very strict in its mission, and has multiple objectives.
DTAS is more TDM with a goal.
EAS is more Enhanced AS with INF.

Anyone who has played the original UT for over a day would know that DM and AS maps are entirely different in layout...

The one and only map I can remember right now that would fit with EAS is DM-INF-Island.
Some maybe's do exist, but I don't expect them to be utter thrillers in EAS...
Slanska, dockside, and maybe a few more.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Vega-don said:
theire was 2 maps
lite and normal

i prefered normal because you could go on roofs and up the building next to the objective building

this is a pic of the lite.. you could use the normal map and just reduce details in this area below :

dm-inf-greatinn-lite2.jpg

this screen above shows the only place where FPS drops REALY. the others areas run fine. emptying the "pret a manger" from chairs and tables should increase FPS alot . maybe removing some cars.. and having nothing behind the glasses

Unfortunately I did much more than taking out decos and brushes to make the 'Lite' version -- I also fixed loads of bugs (but what they were I now forget :().

I'll maybe make the changes you suggest to the Lite version, add the relevant actors and put a beta out ('soon'). I have a feeling that to make it significantly faster - if possible at all given the very open nature of the map - would involve doing lots of zoning (which always, always killed the BSP).

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
fat ,that pic is already from the lite version , and the pret a manger has still many many details inside that could be cleared ;)

but i don't know mapping so its just a gamer advice

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Vega-don said:
fat ,that pic is already from the lite version , and the pret a manger has still many many details inside that could be cleared ;)

but i don't know mapping so its just a gamer advice

Yah, sorry - I misunderstood.

I'm not too sure what causes the slowdown there, but I think the problem is more a question of 400 decos/brushes being drawn which you can't see, rather than the 20 or so in Pret which you can... but I'll try it anyway.

Hehe.. just found my previews of the UT2k3 version
greatinnUT2k3_1.jpg

greatinnUT2k3_2.jpg

I also have a map in progress which may work quite well for EAS (was hoping so anyway) -- more on that later.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
I think It would be really cool if someone combined Chasm, Kazakstan, and Siberia into one big EAS map. There would need to be some other portions added and changed as well, but basically combining large parts of those classics.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Norwich should die a graceful death and never, ever, ever be mentioned or discussed again. Ever. Never. Forever. Did I mention never?

Now, if Khasakstan was converted to mainly a 'capture and control' type eas map, with capture objectives like that last one in Tuscany, that would be interesting. Capture each of the buildings, and hold them. I don't know if defenders can re-capture things, but that would make it more interesting.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
@FM: Making EAS maps out of older AS ones is easy cause the AS 'actors' are normally triggered by direct activation or touching. Maybe check out the new EAS version of Chita ... simple stuff regarding the old AS stuff exchanged by new EAS actors... plus totally new things too of course but if you keep your eye on the old parts from the AS version then I'm more than sure that you will notice how easy an AS map can be made to an EAS map.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Oh and the combined Chasm, Siberia, Kazakhstan idea sounds pretty cool btw. Would make up a decent EAS map if done right with a really big mission that takes 8-10 minutes to accomplish even without any sort of fighting going on... just jogging thru.
If I only had the time...

Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
What's really great is that those three maps just seem like they could easily be attached to something else (well, maybe not Chasm), with the gate at the red end of Kasakastan and the "outdoor" section of siberis It would take little creative work to attach kasakastan to Chasm and even less to fit the Siberia entrance onto Kasakastan somewhere.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Chasm would be great by itself. I always thought that map was not using all of it's potential with TDM. I don't see how it would work combining all 3 of those maps. Maybe siberia and kazasomething but only if it was done really well, preferably by Raekwon.

Rattus

Never mess with a RODENT!
Dec 3, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Did really somebody suggest Sicily to be converted to be an EAS map? Well, what would be the difference to Tuscany (luv that map!)?

But me too, I think, Chasm only needs a bit larger Area on the side of it without the base. I dont think that you would need many more buildings, but objectives which change the location... and perhaps you can make it nighttime.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Fat Marrow said:
I did the conversion... I'll add the necessaries if people are interested (would be good to have more interesting objectives than capture the CD, methinks).

combatmaps.de review/download
:eek: Reactor46 could be a great EAS map! Try to make the attackers spawn outside the ground level entrance. The main objective could be to steal some sensitive information and then blow the reactor! It would be awesome to be running out of the reactor with the CD not only worrying about enemies chasing you, but you also have to make it out before it blows up!

In order to blow the reactor, the team might have to do several things: Disable safety override protocalls, turn off coolant flow, make the uranium insert more into the reactor....

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
In case people here don't check the development forum, there's a beta version of EAS-INF-ReactorSector46 out here if you want to have a play and let me know what you think (needs the previous version to be installed).

Since the map is very non-linear, I settled for multiple objectives. The attackers, who start off in the Sector 6 container storage area (infiltrated via a crate or something), are an advance party who are trying to lock down the reactor to prevent the defenders sabotaging it when a full assault on the reactor begins.

The attackers have to (1) access the turbine control panel (in the turbine hall of Sector 4), (2) control and secure the Sector 4 control room area and, once those objectives are complete, (3) access the control panel at the top of the Sector 6 cargo loading area in order to open the cargo area doors and let in the full assault team.

The defenders start out at the main outside entrance (since this should allow them to get to most places in the level reasonably quickly).

comandore

Ninja Master
Jan 6, 2001
Norway
If somebody would make a EAS version out of siberia alone it would be asome !

I cant find ANY small map in 2.9, and to play 2vs2 on a BIG map aint exatly the funny'st thing to do.