EAS map´s Petitions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
My little request, i want:

EAS-Kosovo
EAS-TheStash
EAS-TheStash (night)
EAS-Syberia
EAS-Kazahjastan (not good spelling/memory, but yes, THAT map)

And yours?

[SOB]bAd ChIcKeN

Free-Range Pain the Ass
Feb 6, 2001
www.sobservers.com
I think that folks still need some more time to discover the suble greatness of the new maps.

But I look forward to see how a few of the good mappers around make use of the new EAS mapping features and the Sniperclass.

[C22]-Dragoon

Catch-22 Clan leader
Nov 12, 2003
Finland
www.c-22.org
I've been thinking about making EAS-INF-Kazakhstan and maybe EAS-INF-Dogtown with some subtle additions to the layouts. But nothing is set yet, and I'll wait atleast till the team releases the mapping guides and ofcourse need to ask permissions to edit the maps from original mappers. But those two would be nice, maybe even Siberia.

Last edited:

[C22]-Dragoon

Catch-22 Clan leader
Nov 12, 2003
Finland
www.c-22.org
Norwich would need ALOT fixing and making it more "real". I think whole redesign with the same overall layout is needed rather than trying to convert it as it is. I love Norwich, just would need too much work for my skills :p.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
I hope you get permission for any maps you "redo" that were not originally yours. As for my maps, I am still debating on what to do. I'm a bit pissed off right now because a lot of my maps were nagatively effected by some changes made to decos. If you want a good laugh, try playing DOM-INF-TheStashNight. I could only cry.

RaekwoN

Infiltration Level Designer
Aug 5, 1999
Melbourne, Australia
Yes Dragoon, thanks for asking ;)

I thought about doing an EAS version of Kazakhstan myself, but it's just too damn small. The layout doesn't really lend itself in it's current state to EAS.

Siberia might work, but only because it's interiors.

EDIT:
The EAS documentation is something I'm working on, will be ready soon. (no lame soon gags, aiight!?)

Last edited:

[C22]-Acolyte

Ai kotoba afuro to gunsou!
Jan 20, 2002
INF-land
Visit site
RaekwoN said:
Yes Dragoon, thanks for asking ;)

I thought about doing an EAS version of Kazakhstan myself, but it's just too damn small. The layout doesn't really lend itself in it's current state to EAS.

Siberia might work, but only because it's interiors.

What about combining Siberia and Kazakstan? Siberia could be the internal section of some part of the Kazakstan base :)

[C22]-Dragoon

Catch-22 Clan leader
Nov 12, 2003
Finland
www.c-22.org
Sorry RaekwoN, didn't mean to step on your toes ;).

Well Kazakhstan would need some new interior bits added (few more rooms and windows maybe?), as would dogtown (more shop interiors and other little tweaks). Chasm could also be nice but it would need some rethinking to make it balanced.

jaymian:
Dragoon said:
...and ofcourse need to ask permissions to edit the maps from original mappers.

Last edited:

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
OH yes!! i forgot Azteca, UkTown and Chasm.

About Syberia, i think the old Syberia can works well for a nice 3 vs 3 EAS. Not every map has to go for the "huge outdoor" theme.

Remember: big map <> good map. EAS mode is also good for an average 4 vs 4 match. A map isn´t automatically better being designed for 12 vs 12.

(some mappers forgotten that difference in their maps for Inf 2.9 ;) )

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I'd like to see what could be done with Vietnam and Island (the old one). And what was the name of the huge map that Opfor made? Jungle-something?

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Re: Wentham & UKTown (and GreatInn for that matter :p)

One thing I find amusing is that there's now all this fuss about EAS, when it's not that different to the old assault mode -- it's just that the new maps are kick-ass compared to most old ones :)

Anyway, moving on...

Can I assume that people are happy for me to make almost exact EAS replicas of the AS versions of my old maps (subject, possibly, to adding sniper actors, although I think that can be overdone)?

Changing the BSP is generally a bit tricky, you, as they're all a bit delicate in that respect...

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
that was Ecale, not OpFor ;)

edit for FM:
the EAS game mode comes with lots nice map objects to set ut various objectives. For AS, you had to do it manually :hmm:

Last edited: