1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EAS-INF-Peacemaker_revised

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Lethal Dosage, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

Ok, i didn't entirely follow the first paragraph, but i understand the rest. its a pitty but oh well, i'll have to make do.

I've made a few more changes to the map, and so far no bugs, the map will probably be release either later today (saturday) or tomorrow, depending on how fast Lib is in taking a look at the new version.

The Beta has been sent out to Burger and Corporal_Lib for testing as well as to Crowze, Odie and a few others as teasers, so check your email, you might just have it early! :clap:

2. Lethal Dosage

Ok, ignore your email! Buggy version, but i'm getting there, i just hope you can ignore those little holes that are around the place. I just couldn't be bothered remaking all those little brushes and stuff.

But i have for your delight the new list of changes.

Attached Files:

3. Lethal Dosage

Ok, there has been absolutely no work at all, i've bee working like 50 hrs a week, and have been playing F.E.A.R. most of the time. But it's still nearly done, just got some bug hunting to do.

4. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

FEAR would be really nicier if it had iron sights... the bullet time feature is quite neat, and the double aerial spinning kick is my favorite way to finish an unnaware enemy... its a little Chuck Norris way, but thats a cinematographic game after all...XD

I only spoted 1 BSP hole near the cratter in that "buggy version" LD... and the quicksand walkway still exists...

5. Lethal Dosage

Well i've fixed the crater, but i have no idea how to fix the areas where you walk through the brush, i've found other similar places like that too

6. Lethal Dosage

THE RELEASE DATE IS UPON US!

BOW DOWN AND REPENT YOUR SINFUL TDM WAYS!

For EAS-INF-Peacemaker_revised is being released.
    This would have to be the shortest project i've done so far, shock horror! Well there isn't any more i can do here, so i feel its time to put it out for everyone to enjoy. I've emailed it out to my 2 loyal beta testers, as well as to Crowze, Odie, and Zeep. with luck it'll find its way to RealMaps and CombatMaps, and to some servers.

The readme is included of course and you can expect an old project of mine to be revived in the near future.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  7. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

Hooray!!! I was getting worried that Larry (the hurricane, not a man) had took you away! Good to know you´re all right (well, it seems only the northern australia was struck, however, I didn´t know which area you inhabit, so I kinda waited for some post to see if everything was fine... XD

Ohooo, an old project ressurected? The trenches? Dogtown? Try to use some neat effects ppl released in this BUF (flying decos, random movers, spawn random explosions, etc..)
    GJ, man!

8. BTH

BTH Dickcheese Faggot

are our DTAS ways sinful too? we'll deffinately play it in DTAS at some point :D

9. {GD}Odie3

{GD}Odie3 You Give Odie a Boner

Currently active on GD EAS Server - Thanks for the newer map!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  10. Lethal Dosage

Nah, i'm still alive and kicking! Larry just gave me a tickling!

DTAS is also sinful, you won't go to hell, but there wont be 40 naked virgins waiting for you in heaven! But theres still a chance you might meet Stalin or maybe Ghandi.

11. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Where should I start?

The huge BSP holes? The ability to roof practically everywhere? The now useless 'sniper's nest' area where the wall has been removed, allowing you to abuse above-mentioned roofing. The fact that the giant tower hardly serves a purpose, not to mention the fact that it doesn't fit in with the overall design of islamic architecture?

The fact that the attackers can reach the objective a full five seconds before the defenders?

All that needed 'fixing' in this map were the Limousines. There. I said it.

12. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

Crac has some good points. Although I like what you have done in some places, I believe you have created more problems than you fixed.

One big problem you created is attacking is far too easy now. The attackers reach the laptop before the defense. You should slow the attackers down and/or speed up the route the defense takes to the laptop.

The tower looks very out of place not only in that arab environ, but also its location in the street. Also, the tower should not be so tall that one can see outside the map from it, it ruins immersion.

Here are some screenshots to illustrate bugs:
    1) Roof bug by jumping up ruined wall edge
    2) Roof bug by jumping off wall edge onto sandbags then on roof
    3) Roof bug by jumping up ruined wall edge
    4) I get stuck in this stairway when coming up, I have to crouch
    5) I get stuck in this doorway, I have to crouch

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  13. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

6) Giant BSP hole.

Attached Files:

14. BTH

BTH Dickcheese Faggot

the limos were the best part of Peacemaker, they never bugged... then the trucks that bugged are still there in the defender spawn and still bug. The tower is quite pointless and allows spawncamping. Roofing is too easy even though it's close to the sniper actor in the roofs by the embasy. All that needed fixing is still there... and the limos should be left
    The interior of the embasy is ok, and the fact that there are two ways in and out is ok too.

15. Lethal Dosage

Wow, thats some big bugs! :( i don't think that you can spawn camp from the tower, nor do i think its out of place, there isn't much else to put it without giving it a massive advantage. It isn't entirely useless, has anyone ever tried to use the windows on the other levels, it helps if you don't stand right up to them.

The limos were buggy, sometimes if you were taking cover behind them you would still get shot through the vehicles, and other times when shooting over them and your bullets should have cleared the vehicle, they didn't. All the block alls needed to be tweaked, and since there was bout 30 per vehicle, i really didn't feel like it.

Some of the ruined wall edge bits i will get rid of, i put them there with an idea, but i never use those places either.

I really wanted a tall tower where you could see over the buildings, and cover the Central Assault Road as well as the Western Assault Road where it enter the square without seeing the Hummer, or the actual spawns.

As for that giant BSP hole in screen 6, i've never seen that, and i've played it a fair bit, i don't know about that, i think it may have something to do with the original authors excessive use of semi-solid brushes, which has made it very difficult to redo. I'll fix it before the next release for sure.

I've never had a problem with the stairway in screen 4, however it could use some raising as it is rather low for the INF player.

The ruined walls in screens 1 & 3 will be removed, as well as i'll put a block all in for screen 2. I'll also fix the doorway in screen 5 as soon as i find it.

The trucks in the defenders spawn areas will be replaced with the static brush ones that are elsewhere in the map, does anyone have a brush for the trucks with the canopy? or know where i can get one?

I have no idea how i'll slow down the Attackers, i know its a serious problem, it always has been with this map, thats why i increased the time it takes to Cap the CD. Any suggestions to fix this?

I assume no one has found the OICW, as no ones complained about that.

I guess this is what i get for pushing a map out without it being beta tested properly.

16. Lethal Dosage

And if you 3 can make constructive suggestions, PM me your emails, and i'll put you onto the Beta Testers list.

17. smeerkat

smeerkat Hello, old friend...

Here's a download link for revised v2, from Lethal Dosage. My DNS is a bit flaky sometimes, but the link does work for me:

EAS-INF-Peacemaker_rev2.zip

18. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

yeah, i found the OICW. Abouth 1/2 a second before the attackers won... ;(
    Maybe give the attackers some sort of primary objective BEFORE capping the CD? Like that Fat Marrow Gatehouse map.
    Ideas- Disable radio uplink, secure location for desicnating airstrike, find a working phone and enter the real world.
    Actually, scrap the last idea.

19. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

EAS-INF-Matrixed? :D

20. BTH

BTH Dickcheese Faggot

EAS-INF-Pisstaker