1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EAS Fun

Discussion in 'Infiltration Online' started by shan, Mar 30, 2005.

1. shan

shan www.clanterritory.com

I know I am always talking about TDM or DTAS, but I wanted to do a quick pimp on EAS.

On Monday night, I had some of the most fun I have had playing Infiltration since the clan match days. We are playing on Odie's EAS server. We only made it through CubanDawn and Chasm before we started to lose people, but it was a blast and a half.

Most of the players on my team were on TS and, given the Chasm defense of the other team, I would bet they were too.

It was easily some of the best overall tactical playing that I had done in Infiltration in a long time.

I would love to play like this again. Is there still a community EAS night or has that gone away?

Shan

2. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

Not officially... but good games happen every now and then. Not often but usually good ones (especially when a lot of players are on).

3. shan

Well, if an EAS day gets defined I will advertise it in the pop-up messages on the TDM server and, if that does not work, I might be willing to close the TDM server for that night. I know the TDM guys will not like that, but it would not kill them to play EAS for a night...heck Zeus even did pretty good at it. :)

4. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

I could have told you that EAS is incredibly fun.

5. Blitzschlag

Blitzschlag New Member

If an EAS game happens u will mostly see one of us([101st]) too ;)

So a EAS day would be fine, there will be enough players outside :)

cheers :cheers:

6. shan

To me, the fun did not come from the gamemode as much (although it certainly drives it) but from the TeamSpeak communication and overall teamwork. I have not played a huge amount of EAS outside of clan matches but the game the other night was the first time I had a comparible experience in public play. It was definately a lot of fun. Plus it helps that I knew the maps so I was not lost like on some maps Kasbah, for example. :)

7. Cleeus[JgKdo]

Cleeus[JgKdo] because respawns suck

8. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

Well, it is fun, just depends on the map and the ppl playing. The map is more critical in EAS than in any other gamemode though. And the reinforcementsettings do their part to. No reinforcements would be nice too, but we need another scoreboard then.

9. Turin_Turambar

Turin_Turambar Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man

Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it isn't. Like Lich says it, it is about the map, the ppl playing and a good amount of factors.

And about an "EAS Day", we need to make an specific EAS day and DTAS day, i couldn't play dtas (nor EAS) the last three days because the low number of gamers in the servers. And with low i mean = 0. :( :(

10. Cleeus[JgKdo]

Cleeus[JgKdo] because respawns suck

well, for me it then depends on the amount of alc in my blood ;)

11. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

Wanne play DTAS regularly? Join DTASAL as a merc!

Some maps are too small for the old school DTAS fans but there are plenty of mid size and big ones as well... and you can pick where to get involved.

http://www.ghostdogs.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1465

12. {GD}Odie3

{GD}Odie3 You Give Odie a Boner

LOL Nuke, this is a EAS thread and you pimp DTAS-AL!

Anycase, we did try a EAS night but it seemed no one came to play. I think the best way to get some EAS [or other game type] is just say/type out, How about some EAS [or DTAS]?

@ Cleeus you are such a wet blanket sometimes... :p

13. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

Well he did say, that he couldn't play DTAS.... ;)