Early Portal 2 Launch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AWW SNACK

Feb 13, 2009
**** **** **** why won't it start decrypting.

EDIT: There we go.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
After finishing the first chapter I can't express how impressed I am with the game. It's a completely different level. So far the puzzles have been the standard affair, but the overall story elements are amazing. I don't want to call it too early, but they really hit the ball out of the park.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I wonder will Portal2 work well on a laptop with a 1.8Ghz single core processor and 1GB of memory :crysmile:

Last edited:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Completed. Awesome game didn't have any issues at all, awesome editing and another great song :D

Time for a break 6-7hours of solid portal 2 :B Co-op later.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I got to Chapter 5 or maybe 6 last night. You'll know where I am by this picture:
[screenshot]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558654597230026701/E1816834BC05CB5D333A2E147247512FAD7F125E/[/screenshot]

I won't be able to finish until later tonight. But, wow. Some REAL twists that, although I saw most of them coming so far, have been really entertaining. Wheatley is great. Also, the gameplay is superb and the graphics got a nice bump (even though they are mostly the same).

Twisted Metal: I don't work long shifts, but my p[oint was that most normal people wouldn't be able to pull an all-nighter to play the game. I think they released it at a decent time, but based on reports from some of the ARG people that were "taken" to valve HQ for the launch, Valve had control over when the game released for the whole time glados@home was going on (which makes sense because they never told anyone how glados@home worked and could have changed the rules at any time). Anyway, the whole glados@home thing was a really bad sendoff for a really great ARG.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
To those who finished it already, do you not have jobs or did you request to have a day off?

I find it hard to enjoy a game if I beat it in one sitting.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Game was amazing. Ending was spectacular. About 6 hours in the SP, most likely a lot more in the coop. Done about 2 hours of it so far I think. Definitely worth the price. SDK should also be out soon, if it isn't already.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Yes and no. Your getting what could go down as valves best game. The quality of the game certainly justifies a premium. The problem is that the company is known for offering deep discounts. So if you aren't interested in multilayer, and can wait several months...

I don't regret the price.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Do people think, that if there was no Co-Op, would it still be worth €50?

€50 is a lot of money for 6 hours, although I got it for just €40, since I did a two-pack preorder. The game is great though, it has more content than the first one, more mechanics and it's a lot more fun. The good elements from the first one are still there of course, like the humour and so on.

However, the coop IS there and it really explores a lot of new interesting mechanics. I think the worst thing about this game has been the hype really. In the end, it is just a puzzle game, and it's very hard to make a blockbuster puzzle game like this. Valve explored a lot of new things, and I think that's great :)

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
To those who finished it already, do you not have jobs or did you request to have a day off?

I find it hard to enjoy a game if I beat it in one sitting.

No job. And I couldn't not play it in one sitting. I was addicted.

Do people think, that if there was no Co-Op, would it still be worth €50?

For the £27 I paid, it has much more awesome to it then most other games i've recently bought, although they have MP and although SP and co-op aren't all that re-playable if you've done it (unless you do it just so someone else can figure the co-op missions out)
It's got an awesome campaign, one that you won't forget quickly. It's a good laugh and great fun. I wouldn't have moaned about paying a little more honestly.

Then again that may be a bit biased due to getting the other half of Valve's games for free because I got a golden potato \o/