UT2kX E1m1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

escalade

The man, you'd love to TOUCH
Thanks, after much thought, ive decided to keep it as close to the original as possible, so here is the new courtyard:

doom3lw4.jpg

and i need to know, in the past, ive made made the mistake of accidentally making my map to small. This is my best map so far, and i dont want this to happen. If it does, is there a way to scale it to be bigger or smaller?

Last edited:

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
As long as it's just brushes you can use the "Scale Map" feature under "Tools" to scale it by a factor. If you use a normal factor like 1.5 or something it should even stay on the grid. It only scales what you have selected when you use it!

Emitters are problematic with this and Lights do get scaled but they scale both brightness and radius and somehow they end up not matching as they did before. Brushes work just fine though.

escalade

ok, tru to doom fashion, some areas are completely unlit, and some parts are lit by the small lightbulbs, but does this mean in the unlit areas, the walls will be bright, but the players will be black?

escalade

As long as it's just brushes you can use the "Scale Map" feature under "Tools" to scale it by a factor. If you use a normal factor like 1.5 or something it should even stay on the grid. It only scales what you have selected when you use it!

Emitters are problematic with this and Lights do get scaled but they scale both brightness and radius and somehow they end up not matching as they did before. Brushes work just fine though.

Thanks so much, it happened again, the walls were massive compared to the players, but the scale thing did it.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
ok, tru to doom fashion, some areas are completely unlit, and some parts are lit by the small lightbulbs, but does this mean in the unlit areas, the walls will be bright, but the players will be black?
I think Doom's "lighting" was pre-painted on the textures. So you could do the same and use no lights at all.

For the illumination of players and the like you can use Zone Lighting via ZoneInfos or the LevelInfos.

EDIT: btw. I don't know if you know it yet, but there is a mod out there that lets you use Doom weapons in UT2004. Unfortunately I forgot the name. Maybe it came with the Unreal1 to UT2004 mod, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

escalade

Run into some more trouble, everytime i rebuild, it gives me about 100 errors, for "Navigation Point imbedded in geometry" and "Navigation Point not on Valid base, or too close to steep slope". Moving the Path nodes, and weapon bases does nothing.

EDIT: it fixed itself, whenever i Built all Paths, i got 100 errors, when i did build all, i got about 6. Moving those nodes fixed it all.

Last edited: