1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"Dynamix Shut Down?" -blue

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phatcat, Aug 9, 2001.

1. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

2. JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy alive

so this means no new tribes patches? thats not good for business...

3. LifesBane(4Corners)

LifesBane(4Corners) Active Member

They are gone. I can validate this...but that's all I can say. They're under an NDA supposedly...but trust me...I know.

It is not official "officially". Basically, they went to work and their key cards weren't working is the story....what specifics of it I have only heard from the Planet Tribes posts.

4. Major_Error

Major_Error Camper in Progress

Thats a shame, I thought Tribes 2 was succesfull. The development must have been to expensive and the end result not good enough.

It a real shame if this is true.

5. Ballistophobia

Ballistophobia Hedonistic Forum Panacea

T2 was and is successful, but the patches REALLY f<b></b>ucked it up. You had to dl the next patch to play online and sometimes the game would be fine and sometimes it would crash/freeze every five minutes. They even had a lil name for one of the biggest problems called the "PermaRed" which is when you'd just get a permanent redjack and the game would be completely frozen. They had extreme memory leak problems that made the game run like s<b></b>hit as well. I got tired of all this after a while but I don't see why Sierra would get rid of Dynamix.

Bah, I'm looking forward to PlanetSide now. :)

6. Ballistophobia

Ballistophobia Hedonistic Forum Panacea

Ah f<b></b>uck, it really is true! This is bulls<b></b>hit! :mad:

:(

7. LifesBane(4Corners)

LifesBane(4Corners) Active Member

Bali-- those crashes / freezes only happened on SOME computers...I had not a problem with any patch. And memory leaks are in all software programs...some are bigger than others. But, Dynamix fixed all the big ones :)

And that news post you made is just one of the rumors-- no one still knows the >exact< details, as they are under NDA.

The problem is nowadays, with bigger games using newer technology, is that it leaves a LOT more room for bugs. Especially if it's A) Your own engine or B) New technology that hasn't been used a lot.

8. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

A moment of Silence...

[​IMG]