Dynamic Gametypes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nukage

Feb 7, 2000
angelfire.com
I was just wondering, I wonder what dynamic gametypes people would like to see other than the ones already in the roadmap. I think having many objectives that get told to you as you complete them, or can change depending on what you do/don't do would give map makers much freedom when making maps. Plus, it would majorly boost the replay. I mean having you sneak into a building to capture something, then if the security goes off cuz you triggered an automatic alarm and you gotta ditch the mission and get out alive is really cool. Or reinforcements to the defending team (bots) could be called in by them. Or, if you disable the security system first, you won't need to worry. Things like this truely create a "real" environment with real situations that could happen in real life. You'd get the most points for disabling the security system then going in and stealing the thing without being discovered. Less points would be given for alerting the enemy, ect. I think instead of timelimits, lives would only be needed. And mebbe you could choose between several objectives, that way the enemy won't know how you intend to attack. This sounds fun to me....

------------------
TOAST...MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!(inside joke)

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Well, seems that you have 'got' it /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif
Thats exactly the way we would like to see it. We give the elements and the mapper can decide how 'open' his map is. So, if a mapper leaves many ways for the players to do the job, these maps will ROCK ! You can play them again and again... playing different ways to 'solve' them, or simply doing something wrong with the result that you have to do some specific stuff you haven't seen the last time you played the map /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
We will just give the elements... the combination of them is left to the mappers... that should not intend that we want to push some work in the mappers direction... its only a feature. You will be able to make 'normal' Assault maps with this stuff too. Nothing against Assault, its great, but it only includes one way to 'solve' a map. So you play the maps and after a while you 'need' a new one....
So... a good mapper => a ROCKING map that you will play a hundred times...

Beppo

------------------
Lead-Programmer of the Infiltration Team

Beppo's ControledDeath

Nukage

Feb 7, 2000
angelfire.com
heh...cool. But summer seems so fffffffaaaaaarrrrrrrr away!!!

i guess i'll just be happy with 2.7 for now... or play cstrike on my laggy analog connection so i can get killed 45 times a game.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif erm yeah

------------------
TOAST...MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!(inside joke)