Dx 8.1.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

digital-warrior

Awake...
Nov 3, 2001
tx
Visit site
(/dumb mode)I installed Direct X 8.1, only to find out that my cards do not support it(dumb mode off)

I read that the only way to get rid of it was to reinstall windows, but I've tried, and it does'nt work. I have a new GeForce 3 card on the way, but I'd like to fix my problem so I can play games untill the new card gets here.......

Any suggestions?????

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
you can`t unload Dx.....
sorry.
you`ll have to reformat if you can`t wait....
you`ll prolly want to reformat with that new video card anyway.....don`t want any left over drivers in there to screw things up with the new card.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Not exactly.
there is no "easy " way to do it...but a few guys who didnt like doing it the hard way created a nice program called:
DirectBuster
http://downloads.overclockersonline.com/DirectBuster.exe

If your graphics card doesnt support the new features supported by a new direct X....there is no reason to upgrade.
Im running on DX 8 and not 8a or 8.1 because my drivers for my v5 dont support anything above dx8. So i dont upgrade.

digital-warrior

Awake...
Nov 3, 2001
tx
Visit site
Thanx for the info Ruk,and Mike......My new card is here, and I love it.......but, the fan stay's on continuously on the gf3 card, and i'm not sure if it's supposed to. Also, in system information, i saw that a few drivers didnt install.....one of them is NVPCL.hlp(which I know isnt a driver), and NVagp.inf(which kinda bothers me).
The handbook, says to install NVagp.inf manually, but I cant figure out how to do it, for the handbook doesnt help on that part.....:(