Dungeon Defenders Debut Trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
We first reported about this UDK game (Dungeon Defense) in development about 10 days ago and already we've got a look at the first trailer available of the commercial iteration from Trendy Entertainment.

Demonstrating the game's distinct blend of online cooperative Tower Defense & Character Action RPG, this beautiful trailer sets the stage for what the greater game is all about. Stay tuned for more... including news of the game's groundbreaking competitive features!

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
Every game that is based on killing hundreds enemies and has RPG mechanics in it, has to be great. Now I'm convinced to try it despite its silly cartoonish look and relatively slow pace.

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
I am liking these recent games with the higher contrast and bright colors (but I also fear it will get used way too much and then not be as cool).

For a last couple of years most of screenshots we're given in general presented a great variety of shadows. Dynamic, volumeric, but only shadows.
Now it's time to make games look good.

Forgetful

Here is party?
Sep 21, 2003
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit site
I gave it a toss last night. Its interesting from a development point of view. I'd like to rip it apart and see how they did a few things.

The only thing I noticed that was sub par were the controls. Whenever you get near a wall the camera chucks a wobbly.

Good effort though, especially given the fact it was made in just over a month.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
I love those.

Except when you put stupid bloom in it.
Non saturated colors can work, but UT kind of requires a certain balance of color. Problem is they've rarely gotten that balance just right.
I say a game or movie or whatever should have whatever suits it as far as color schemes go, I think this scheme suits this game, it's like eye candy.