1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Duke and the Donkey of Troy...

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Neabit, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

Code:
    bHidden=True
    AmbientSound=None
    Mesh=None
    SoundRadius=0
    SoundVolume=0
    It is hidden, has no sound and no model/mesh. So the dukenadeshell actor is totally invisible. The only thing of it you'll ever see is the explosion it spawns on your ass.

2. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

Wrong! Why would he have almost 10 keybinds with specific names (look post #1).

I just saw him kicking Assesine_Maja the day before we went public for no reason at all (she wasn't even chatting) and the message everyone else in game sees is diffenrent (timeout - left).

-------------------

On the question when they started... some migth want to dick into RA286 to find out... I'm almost sure you'll find something of the same pattern.

-------------------

And on the question wether anybody else might have been involved in this: In our serverlog nobody else was ever logged with any of the mystic "eastereggs"....

Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
  3. geogob

Codewise I do not see who else could be involved. You raise my curiosity about RA286 though. I know I was full of "known" easter eggs and funnies.

4. SexPistol

SexPistol New Member

5. leiperik

leiperik Altied Dikke hey!

why would one cheat in an online game for more then a year? It really makes no sense to me...

6. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

I guess you guys covered it all and so i do not need to add any kind of comment towards the two individuals ...

so, without being able to check codes right now (had a hd crash some time ago) I'm pretty sure that Duke wasn't that smart to give me codes that I always doublechecked and/or even rewrote that included 'special' codes meant for cheating. In addition the extremely stupid way of how these 'features' were actually added to the WeaponPack shows that they never thought someone would check out the codes... and well, nobody did till now it seems. I can only second what some already said... coders HAVE TO be neutral in any way. And normaly they are.
    Any codes used for development of INF 2.9 and its BonusPack that were useable for cheating or 'adjusting' specific things were removed prior to the release. Our hack detections were even masked within the compiled U files.
    While talking to Neabit via PMs during the last days I thought that Duke added some nice codes and masked them later on within the release files... making it not so easy to find them... but that these codes were placed in such an open and visible way almost makes me laugh if this stuff wouldn't be so disappointing.

So, if anyone wants me to check out codes or stuff alike, feel free to contact me directly via email (PM and thread subscriptions/notifications currently do not send out emails via BU and I do not check them manually every day atm).

cheers,

Beppo

7. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

So finally I get some time to respond (that and my account seems to be unbanned on this forum :p).

Despicable? Yes. Inexcusable? Yes. I'm not here to make excuses or ask for sympathy or even for forgiveness edit: as I personally don't think we deserve any. Let's start with a brief history.

RA286, as you very sharply picked up, was a start. Duke was big into The Matrix at the time, and since there were about 4 people who played RA286 regularly, he decided to make an easter egg, as you diplomatically put. Neo was born, it was a key that allowed you to jump extraordinarily high, run without draining stamina and even stop bullets. It was quite the trick, you would even see the bullets stop in front of you, levitate, then drop onto the ground a la Matrix. It was fun, but we never used it against people.

2.9 was born, and we played it clean and vanilla until the latest WeaponPack release ... I think it was a patch? Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure he coded it into DukeNades. In any case, Duke began to feel bitter against the community - general bickering and in his mind, a slow moving Mod Team (** These are his thoughts, not mine). So, he decided to code in a little something extra, as you have all discovered, into the mutie. It was actually a warped thing he first included in the beta of the IMT's Light Fifty, but decided to transfer over to a mutie that would be in public circulation.

At the time, I was playing sporadically, due to RL and as well as the infamous shaky French WiFi I was using. This was released and it was mindblowing, to say the least. However, we used it for about 2 months before realising that it just wasn't as fun. In fact, we played considerably better without it after using it. So, minus the odd time (of which the DTASAL was included from time to time - I used it I think twice or three times, possibly more, but not for the last 3 or 4 for sure) we ceased using it. In fact, I told him to remove all the codes from the next beta he uploaded.

Of course, this is all after the fact. The damage was done, and the keen members of n1 had already picked up on the shadiness. Nice work, by the way, it was truly astonishing to see the amount of work and records keeping you kept over the last x months about everything.

Now, the cleaning up of rumours part. The list of mind****s you see in the first page is basically the only people Duke kicked. I used it against Vlad once, but ironically, cannot use the bind at all. It kicks me as well, making the effect completely useless. I had even forgotten about the SIMAN command. As for the Demon Egg, we never used it on pubs unless it was just him and me in 1vs1, which we found hilarious (seriously, try it). Once again, I never used it on pubs against people that weren't him. Why? It's rather suspicious to suddenly switch to your m67, stop moving and start spinning around, looking up and down. That, and the 40mm explosion would sometimes occur in completely impossible locations.

So that's that. If you think that I can't take 8-10 40mm and still walk around, I'll gladly tell you what's in my loadout. All of this isn't meant to excuse us or make things all better, it's more for information. Check out the Light Fifty mutie as well as DukeNades to really clear out all the malicious code. As for other commands, unless Duke is holding out on me (which I highly doubt), there are none - buoy, mind****, SIMAN and demon egg. Cheating for over a year? Hardly. We did it in the, as I said, 2 months following the release of the last mutie.

2.86, as far as I know, was never hacked by Duke - at least not in the months that I knew him. It's awfully convenient to apply this situation to everything and explain all of your individual failures in certain areas of the game. I'm not saying that we're 1337 or uber or anything like that, but that these hacks were used AT MOST for 4 months and that our skills were still intact without them.

So, in summary, I'm not asking for sympathy nor for forgiveness. Believe what you will, I've told everything as truthfully as I know it. The most sad thing about this, for me, is that I didn't blink an eye when I saw this post and continued to uninstall INF and everything INF related. For some reason, I didn't feel I would be missing much. However, if this whole debacle proves to rekindle what little INFage there is online, power to the whole community. I sincerely hope you guys continue to have fun playing this game. Duke and I did this for our personal kicks, laughs, fun. I can't count how many times I laughed so hard my ribs hurt during our demon egg wars 1vs1 on some empty server. I do, however apologize for everyone that I may have compromised in the last few months. Namely, the members of MDC/TW and those who defended me in all the accusations. The accusations, for your information, were largely incorrect. I usually was playing clean when you accused me, and when I cheated, no one said anything. Strange how it works, I guess.

Sorry if this is unorganized and ramblish, but I'm completely improvising this entire speech. I fully support our ban over all the servers, and those who wish to speak to me know how. Ciao to all.

8. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

Edit : nevermind

9. mat69

mat69 just fooling around

So this could be the reason why I and many others died through m203 nades without ever hearing any sounds?
    I just want to mention that the last time I played - ignoring today - was around half a year ago so it could be possible that this code was in wp 1.1 too and to be honest why shouldn't it be there as well?

Thank you n1 that you brought that up. Maybe this will help, opposing most opinions here, Infiltration, because I think this incident won't lead to less trust into INF but more in the end. Now those people fearing something like that all the time and seeing "ghosts" - as I thought about it - can be sedated. They were right considering duke and I'm sure that they now can play with more fun than before, because more people look into the code now than before.
    Really see it positiv. n1 has shown a prove that you can take down cheaters and that's good.

10. asmodeus

asmodeus DB addict

You know, Madwoffen and lamer used to kill me way more than Duke ever did in RA... I guess it's due to playing styles

11. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

And for whatever reason, I liked Taque better before that post of his. I can't believe how ****ing arrogant you really are... Thanks for replying anyway, even though your word isn't exactly worth that much now, I do appreciate the 'answers'.

12. mat69

mat69 just fooling around

Just a question have all posts by Duke and Taque (beside the one on page 5) been delated on BUF? Because I did a search and non post was found.

13. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

I agree with Rostam. Not that it matters much, but you would have been better off had kept your arrogant mouth shut. I guess you are a prick after all. Now, in a really cool matrixed kind of way, do what you are supposed to do and get the hell lost.

14. geogob

The hack is in the nade mutator, introduce in WP1.2.

I just wanted to say that what Taque is saying is correct... duke clearly wanted to phase out the nades out of the weapon pack in the next update. The lastest version of the nades he uploaded is hack free at first look.

15. SexPistol

SexPistol New Member

hahahahahha -- well put almost, and i totally agree.

what a load of bullshît that response was. if you only planned to seriously use it in 1on1, why put it in a community-wide update, and not in a single small muty (for the two of yours' "shîts and giggles"?) similarly, why use them on a public server?

don't let the proverbial door hit you in your arrogant, lying ass on the way out. don't worry, you won't be missed in the least.

16. lode

lode New Member

not that we have any reason to believe taque and not that his post explains why these two would screw with the dtas league even after they were being harassed about cheating... theres no reason to believe they've only been cheating a short while because of the utter contempt they both have for the rest of us. if they havent been using this hack, they've been using others and definitely for a long time. dukes been using a radar for at least a year cause thats when he turned from a normal player to a walking gun turrent who burst before you came around the corner. then when utdc came out late last year, he suddenly started sucking, from single handedly dominating teams to just middle of the pack. he probably did add all that other stuff recently because there wasnt the obvious eating 30 bullets thing before. like sex said, this wasnt for fun, this was to mess with the rest of us and you can tell thats all these guys think is fun.

17. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Bullshit + 1.

Keganator as my witness.

We were playing you guys on INF Germany TDM, on Dogtown (where I was naded). We spawned by the river. You guys always knew where we spawned - which was hilarious.

About ten seconds after we spawned, a '40mm' hit me. I was behind the building next to the river - hugging the wall, about to climb the ladder.

I immediately switched to my Ghost Cam to find Duke, and where was he?

On the opposite end of the entire map, sitting on top of a building (the S building, between the two fans) - with an impossible angle on that nade trajectory.

The bullshit continued - Keg and I discovered that you guys really did have some kind of beacon radar - as you naded us, no matter where we hid, without even having to look to see where we were.

I played for as long as I could stomach, just to get an idea of what cheats you guys were using. From what I could tell, some kind of radar, god mode, the ability to stop guns from firing (which only happened once - still not sure if anybody has even talked about anything like it yet), the fact that whenever I fought Duke, he would glitch, the game would become 'choppy' (never happened with anybody else I played) and my bullets would pass through his gay, polygonal body, bullshit redeemer nades that could hit me at impossible angles and distances...

I was always the first one to be killed by Duke, so when I'd die, I'd follow his camera and watch him track Keg down. It was on Peru (ironically). He went back to the attacker spawn, always facing toward's Keg's beacon (he was by the wooden doors). I told Keg he was being tracked, and told him to expect a wall of bullets his way in '3...2...1...' - Duke shoots through the boxes, without actually seeing Keg's model. Keg emptied an entire AK drum into him, and he lived. Everybody on the server but Duke and Taque thought that was amazing.

'That...was awesome...'-Keg

Immediately afterwards, I had a long talk with geo, and we came up with a plan to catch you assholes.

I remember before I logged off, Rezoaner was lecturing you guys about your bullshit nades, saying that you guys alone were killing INF. He asked you guys to '...just play the game'. You both played the 'Oh - INF is dead, stfu' game.

My closing comment was - 'This is more gay than Battlefield 2'. And it was. You guys disgust me.

The next morning, I wake up with a pm from geo to this thread, and sixty-one messages from Keg (heh). Somebody beat us to it, and thankfully, did a smash-up job with their evidence.

Again, my hats off to the real 'INF Police'.

So, Taque, Duke. You sirs, can of course, go fuck yourselves.

Good luck using INF on your resume Duke. I don't even think EA would hire you after this.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  18. geogob

Well n1 basically did what we wanted to do... only in a very shorter timelapse. Since the DTASAL was over when we talked about this, it wouldn't have been any easier. After all the complaints and your story on dogtown, I had no choice to check it out, if only to clear my mind and get conviced that no cheats where used. Sadly I got proven wrong.

19. NTKB

NTKB Banned

Thanks for the answers Taque. You got some big cojones to come forth and smile with your explanation in front of everyone. I can respect that at the very least.

20. erehwoN

erehwoN The Bass Ackwards BTL

I do appreciate Taque posting, however the tone and his profile ("Interests: Cheating") reek of arrogance, which is even more disappointing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.