1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Duke and the Donkey of Troy...

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Neabit, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olethros

Olethros Functional alcoholic

All the cheating code is located in the DukeNadesList class, so there is no reason to recompile the entire weapon pack. Only the INFMOD_Nades.u package needs to be replaced. A mere 1.2 mb. I'm surprised the mod team hasn't already released a fixed version of it.

2. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

A temporary fix has been released. A new INFMOD_Nades package is undergoing testing. Before release anything else, I will verify all packages. Also, other fixes and updates might be release along with the new INFMOD_Nades package.

3. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

I think the next weapon pack should be coded by Duke and Taque, and they should release it in exe-auto-installer form. And ignore any weird errors that pop up in the auto-installation, that just means its working harder.

4. Abraxas

Abraxas New Member

U guys should have used you`re coding skills in a constructive way.
    Nothing more to add...

5. {GD}Ghost

{GD}Ghost Counter Terrorist Operative

Sadly, I am not suprised by this in the least bit either. I've had a damned good idea something fishy was up for a very long time now. I just did not have the knowledge or resources to prove it.

6. geogob

A few (a lot actually) people keep asking me about timeframe and what ever. I guess that's something important for some of you. So as I checked packages, I made a brief history.

But first things first... Today I found other hacks that where added into one weapon in beta stage. This weapon has not been released yet and the code will be corrected before it gets released. At this point, I can also say that at first look, no other malicious code can be found in the other INF Modteam packages (betas or releases). But that's just at first look, searching for mutate or exec functions. About half of the packages have undergone in depth verification by myself or Crowze, and nothing has come up other than what we already knew and the other hacks found in one of the weapon in beta stage.

Furthermore, I did a quick check of other mutators made by duke (dukebleed, dukekick, strafewhorenomore, etc.), and nothing similar comes up at first sight. But I didn't check them in depth... it was more out of curiosity.

So for all those who asked me about it, here is a quick history of the "infected" packages. All might not be 100% accurate, but it's the best I can do without loosing too much time on this and with the information I have.

----------------------------------

2005-01-16 Weapon Pack 1.1 released!
    Clean...
    2005-02-11 new dukeNades_211 package (uploaded on 2005-03-01)
    Clean...
    2005-02-14 INFMOD_Nades package (uploaded on 2005-03-01)
    Clean...
    2005-03-05 new INFMOD_Nades package
    Clean...
    2005-03-05 INFMOD_M82A1 package (first beta!)
    Hacked!
    - contains exec function BUOY() (radar)
    - contains exec function mindFuck(string Asshole) (kick, reduce bulk, no bob)
    - contains exec function Raging(string Bullet) (guided bullet, god mode, reduce bulk, no bob, translocator)​
    2005-03-08 new dukeNades_308 package
    Hacked!

- added exec function BUOY() (radar)
    - added exec function mindFuck(string Asshole) (kick)​
    2005-03-08 new INFMOD_Nades package
    Hacked!

- added exec function BUOY() (radar)
    - added exec function mindFuck(string Asshole) (kick)​
    2005-03-13 new INFMOD_Nades package
    Hacked!

- added exec function SIMAN(string Russell) (change map)​
    2005-03-14 EVENT: DTASAL begins...
    2005-03-16 new INFMOD_Nades package
    Hacked!

- added server restart functionality to SIMAN
    - added "god mode" in mindFuck​
    2005-03-27 new INFMOD_Nades package
    Hacked!
    - added exec function Demon(string egg) (guided M67 Frag)​
    2005-03-28 new INFMOD_Nades package
    Hacked!
    2005-03-30 new INFMOD_Nades package
    Hacked!
    2005-04-01 Weapon Pack 1.2 released!
    Hacked!
    - Hacks found in INFMOD_Nades... nice April fool :rolleyes:
    2005-05-15 EVENT: duke joins MDC/TW team in the DTASAL (note that Taque was part of it since day 1)
    2005-05-22 new INFMOD_M82A1 package
    Hacked!

- added exec function yimYeaWoy() (infinite penetration, no recoil, fire from all stance, no bulk, no bob)
    - removed mindFuck and BUOY, but BUOY functions still used by the "Raging Bullet".​
    2005-05-26 new INFMOD_Nades package
    Hacked!

- change BUOY to recieve string "NV". (some sort of wallhack/night vision? tbd.)​
    2005-06-11 EVENT: duke and/or taque gets asked about mindFuck command by server admins (info from neabit)
    2005-06-16 new NFMOD_Nades package
    Clean...

----------------------------------

I hope this answers some of the question you might have.
    Also, for your information, all code found in the IMT packages was made by duke, with very few exceptions which are projects made either by myself or Crowze.

EDIT: ok... I say "hacked!" everywhere... the coder can't actually hack his own code, but I'm sure you all get what I mean :p

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  7. NTKB

NTKB Banned

Nice breakdown Geogob. It appears they were getting the suspicion they were about to get busted and decided to clean the code and stop the haxxx.

8. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

...and to be sure put other hacks in other weapons before...

9. Pipe_Dream

Pipe_Dream 3-time World Champion Bowler

Holy sh1t:lol: God Damn that would have been a great feeling :lol: :lol: :lol:

@ Crac I'm curious to know how you could follow Dukes camera if you were on opposite teams? Do you have a "opposite team camera hack?" Are you a hacker, Crac.

*Pipe running to PM Geo about Cracs "opposite team camera hack."*

The whole "mindfuk" bind is just as bad as what you, pbj and that pusssy Madden did to me on SG server and then lied and told eveyone I was TKing you and that's why you f@gs kept kicking me. You got nerve talking ****!!! Go pound Madden's ass and get over it, f@gs!!!

10. ~viper~

~viper~ lo

Twas probably a free ghosting server, such as SG.

I'm glad Taque replied; Crac - I also think your "comments" were overly rude considering your reputation in the community--you need not add anything else in that tone (if at all). Why can't you people follow a system established through hundreds of years of practice?? Even if MURDER is committed, the accused, despite overwhelming evidence, is still allowed respect in the court of law, and sentenced when sentences are due.
    I am someone who values honesty, and have expressed it constantly myself to the point that it sometimes hurts me. This is not a court; this is also not murder, and yet you fail to see the strength of honesty, not plagued with lawyers and well thought out scripts, as well as show NO respect for the accused.
    One must also value friendship. Have you all of a sudden developed long-term memory loss? How can you forget all the good things Taque has done for the community, all the hours spent together as a group of friends? I have not even known him for too long, but I have recognized the goodness inside him. Sentence him, perhaps, but everyone deserves respect.

11. Pipe_Dream

Nope, Nick is my witness :rolleyes: I HAVE PROOF!!!! I HAVE PROOF!!!!

12. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Alright, I'm going to address this and move on.

Yes, we kicked you for tking us, purposefully standing in our LOF, ghosting us out to the other team, etc.

You play like a fuck and you get kicked or banned. Play the game and you don't. It's really simple.

You know what else is a good time? Hijacking every thread I ever post in, just to drag this 'amazing fight' on and on. Wow, you're so malicious and intimidating. Only a matter of time before you gain ultimate BUF fame and get banned.

My 'reputation'? This ought to be interesting.

Viper, in online games, when you cheat, you don't get respect from anybody. You throw that pity card out the window when you decide it'll be a good time to cheat. That's how it works - that's how it has always worked.

Yeah, we may have gotten along, had a few laughs, etc. But the fact remains that he betrayed our trust and cheated (in leagues no less). Now, had he come public with this information, and snitched on Duke - he would be in a completely different situation. Instead, he decided to do what he had to do to be on top of the scoreboards. Now, he's out a few friends.

Right about now, I wish I had a link to that video of a Counter Strike LAN Party - where they find out one of the kids there is hacking. Gives you an idea of how much gamers dislike cheaters.

13. NTKB

NTKB Banned

That video is classic... though I picture duke dropping some smoke bomb at the instant people notice he is cheating and you never see him again when the smoke clears... :)

I can feel where you are coming from Viper, although I will never try to justify what they did to people, I personally will try to keep all the laughs and good times I had with them in my mind instead of the one sin they committed. Quite frankly, having people who make you laugh around makes the game that much better. Its one of the reasons I still semi-like cracwhore, even though most find his humor dull and offensive, I find it extremely funny, even when he is making fun of me (most of the time :p ). Im not trying to downplay anyones emotions here, but you dont have to join the bandwagon of anger and hate and stay on it. Everyone has there own opinion, we are not an ant colony you know.

14. theRoadStroker

theRoadStroker A Dickcheese Faggot

thats why me and NT comes along so good :D , * i start anoy him and then he start crying ,then i anoy him that he is crying and then he starts to cry cuz hes crying * :D i love you NT (in a none gay way ..or :p ) loooool :D

15. NTKB

NTKB Banned

Stroke my load, road. :) Yea yea I dont think I cannot help but love all you weeders too :p Even Evil :eek:

16. zeep

zeep :(

I remember Taque's thread when he went to france. He posted about his traveling, musical school etc. Communitymembers were interested and kind wishing him well etc.

What a waste of kindness that turned out to be. Seeing him take a piss at them now.

17. Pipe_Dream

That's the "lie" I was talking about. I didn't TK you until you started kicking me. That's the truth and now I'm over it.

Also, this is not highjacking the thread because it pertains to the strong tone you've had over the whole cheating thing. I am just pointing out that what you and your $#% buddys do in games isn't much different, when you look at intentions.

18. geogob

*erm*. PM please. we don't care about your love affairs ;)

And comparing anything with what has been done here is pretty pathetic, Pipe.

19. Lucas

Lucas *Dial-Up King*without a crown

Duke...duke....duke. I am ashamed of you, boy. To think i use to look up to you. Through all the days of staying on till 11 at night and playing with you, having the honor, and then i hear you cheated, and raped the whole community with it by adding it in our weapon pack. You should of just stayed out of cheats, you would of kicked ass on your own. Just think of all the newbies that could of looked up to you as a high skilled coder. Duke, You Truly are the "Martha Stewart" of INF. And Taque, we haven't met i believe. Hi. Shame.

20. Bushwack

Bushwack Avenged Sevenfold...

:notworthy: ROTFLMFAO @ "the Martha Friggin Stewart of INF":lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.