1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Duffers 2004

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mulch_D, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Mulch_D

Mulch_D Noxious Weed

Will duffers golf be a UT2004 mod as well? i would really like it to be as I do not plan to reinstal UT2003.

2. Mix

Mix So Fresh and So Clean

Definitely. In fact, we've just started the porting process. Duffers will actually be released as a UT2004 mod from the beginning.

3. Mulch_D

Mulch_D Noxious Weed

Yay \o/
    Thanx fo the info.

4. master_newbie

master_newbie 2D Mod Fan

release the mod ! :B

5. 2tall

2tall Manta Jockey

Mod looks very cool from the screenshots. Will have to download it soon. Kind of curious to see how the courses were made in the editor too. :)

6. Mix

I can give a little insight. The holes are entirely made up of static meshes. Theoretically, you can make them look however you want, but we chose to start out with a traditional looking course until the gameplay is solid.

7. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

How about some minigolf courses XD

8. Mix

Actually, it's very doable, and would work with the current code without modification. I realized this while playing mini-golf (in RL) last night. If someone wants to have a go...

9. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

I haven't looked at the map yet, but is the type of surface based on the texture, or is there a volume or something over the different regions?

10. Mix

The surface type is determined by the material name. eg: "rough_", "fairway_", "bunker_", etc.