1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DS mappack fix released.

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by das_ben, Dec 22, 2003.

1. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

A small official update to the Desert storm mappack has just been released on the TBuildT website. The fixed maps are: DS-Arabbay-sl, DS-Baghdad-sl, DS-Baghdad-xl, DS-BlackSand and DS-Dunes. All major bugs should be gone now. The maps have a new name [added FIX suffix] to avoid version mismatches. I encourage server admins to use these fixed maps instead of the old versions. Major props go to Rostam for his help with testing the maps.

The only download place for now is FilePlanet, but I hope that Infiltration community sites will provide some mirrors soon.

2. FieldMedic

FieldMedic Less good UT Player ever

Thanks for those maps fix

Will there be any more in the future ? (as the problem already reported in the other thread with DS-Venture)

3. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

Sorry, but there won't be more fixes. The Venture bug is minor and trying to change that map isn't a very good idea [due to the BSP].

First mirror: Provided by Crowze.

4. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

Another mirror

It won't stay up forever so I don't suggest putting the link on official webpages but if you do it check if it works from time to time. ;)

5. Midwinter

Midwinter sneaky bastard

BTW Reaper, just so you know, there is a "catapult door" in Hotzone :p. If you try to open it from defender's side, you can get catapulted to a fairly long distance (see screenshot in 2.9 screenies thread). Not a very important bug, but a funny one. Well, I guess that is a bug, isn't it? :)

6. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

/me hugs and kisses Reaper.

Mid that bug is caused because of something in 2.9 I think. When you open doors the door will either stop when it hits you or push you away. When the doors open in a certain way it means too much energy comes in you meaning you fly away.

7. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

Thank you very much. I wasn't very fond of DS maps in major part because of these bugs. This will definately raise my opinion of those maps.

I'll look forward to play those new version online.

8. jbJOGI

jbJOGI puzzled?

9. mario

mario New Member

Hey, Thanks for this effort. I am enjoying the Desert Storm mappack alot and appreciate your trying to make em better.

10. zeep

zeep :(

thanks for the fixes :)

11. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

What about fixing Arid? There is a BSP hole in one of the walls on the edge of the map. Also, one of the giant oil tanks is floating in the air about 3 ft off the ground.

12. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

Sorry, it's too late now. The thread asking for bug reports was there for nearly a month.

13. DamienW

DamienW I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir

A valiant effort, reaper. :tup: Bravo.

14. gal-z

gal-z New Member

I see nforcers server uses maps I don't have... Are these maps from the mappack? And if so, where do I download the pack itself?

15. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

Which maps? The DS mappack itself can be downloaded on basically every community site, just check Sentry's download page. The DS fixed mappack can be downloaded from the links stated above and CombatMaps.

16. Exar

Exar INForcer

INForcers Euroserver is using maps from the Desert Storm mappack.... not the fixed versions yet though.
    Sad that so many people seem to miss the complete DS mappack.... :-/

17. Fat Marrow

Fat Marrow Vegetable

Thanks (belatedly) for fixing these.

I'm still impressed by the ambition of the DS project, and the size and beauty of the maps which it produced. It's just a shame they came out on the same day as the 2.9 official maps, or they'd get more play time on servers (once fixed :p)...

18. zeep

zeep :(

Ii dont know where you guys play but on the euro servers where i play there are alot of ds maps. it's mostly due to a small number of maps in rotation that we dont get to see all of them.. YET.
    They will change maps every so often anyway. I'm happy to have all these maps for 2.9.