DropInINF version 1 Released!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Originally posted by FyreFly
What's up with the Project Infiltration website??? ack!

:eek2:

I know...BC needs to get off his ass and boot the server back up. Probably crashed, and he had no way of fixing it. :(

Originally posted by A_Rimmerlister
I get the hint ;) just havn't got time to finish it yet :(

:lol: Huh? Hint? What hint? I see no hint there, just my detestation of TDM :D

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
*ouch* ... I should have killed the general first
/me whistles & hopes no one notices :D

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
If a little (4-player max) european server is good enough then
I'll see what I can do tonight ... :)

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
The server is up as of 22:47 CET :D
IP = 213.46.10.237 (Striketeam ZER0 is the name)
Gametype : CTF (Infiltration)
Mutator : DropInInf v1.0
Map : CTF-Inf-Border
Gametime is set to 30 minutes with no cap-limit.
All the standard UT & Inf-maps are available.
players : 4 maximum, altough there should be 8 bots available ;)

One thing I did notice : there is a single message repeating in the logs written by the mutator.
I'll have the exact results tomorrow (if the server doesn't crash or run out of diskspace before that time).

Bullzeye

A damn shifty character...
Jan 30, 2001
I'm lost...
HEY MAGIC

Nice, I can finally play some AS without ASSes hogging the servers... THANK YOU TROJAN MAN!!! er, wait... no...

Keg, when was this Idea concieved???

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Yurch made me do it :D It was to be the first step in a two mutie series: Step 1: Good respawnings, and I liked the ReturnToCastleWolfenstein way, so that was my goal. Step 2: A mutie or gametype that makes TDM like CTF...but it seems that Jafo has taken that up for me! All the better; now I can make this mutie perfect.

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
I can't check on the server at the moment, but I'll let you know the 'final' results when I get home (+/- 18:00 CET)

One thing I did notice : after each cap you're respawn instead of continue ?
The server seems to be running at 1 cap = end of game instead of unlimited caps & limited gametime.
That could be the fact I started the server from the commandline instead of using the GUI so I'll look into that bit tonight.

Khutan

Always in a vicious circle....
Jul 25, 2001
Merseyside, UK
www.planetunreal.com
DropInINF doth rock! :) Very nice Keg! :tup: :tup:

Btw, you can test online code without connecting to the net, just run a server and a client on your computer and then (if it doesn't show up on the Lan) connect to 127.0.0.1 IIRC ;) your connection to your own server will probably suck (mine does), but it's better than nothing...

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Originally posted by A_Rimmerlister
I can't check on the server at the moment, but I'll let you know the 'final' results when I get home (+/- 18:00 CET)

One thing I did notice : after each cap you're respawn instead of continue ?
The server seems to be running at 1 cap = end of game instead of unlimited caps & limited gametime.
That could be the fact I started the server from the commandline instead of using the GUI so I'll look into that bit tonight.

You'll respawn?

:confused:

Oh, DUH! Yeah, of course you'll respawn; that's the way INF CTF works.

And Khutan, I did try that...and I had incredible lag :) I"m thinking of downloading the linux binaries and installing them on my POS linuxbox for testing. It's got a voodoo3, and it used to hadle UT okay, so I bet it'd really really suck in INF. :D

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
If you run it as a dedicated server I'm sure it could handle Inf good enough for testing purposes ;)

Is there anyway to fix that respawn after capping ?
I hate that bit ...
besides : sneaking inside the base so you can steal the flag after your team has capped is impossible with this system ...

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
:D I understand what you're thinking, cause that's one of my favorite UT CTF strategies...but think mission orientated; it's a buildup to the new gamemodes...It would be pretty silly to let the next round start with the attackers already in the base!

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Briefcase
Cartoon money bag
Silmaril
Ominous golden idol
Small nuclear warhead
Cocaine
Holy tome
Strange-looking sealed container with a biohazard symbol on it

Or maybe we could get some corporate sponsorship for some interesting product placements... :D