Dreams that will never come true...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
&

"Sp!ke"

It s 7,62mm so body armour dosent count (sort of).
And its an automatic with a grenade launcher , and it probably has less recoil than the 551.

Originally posted by "Sp!ke"
It s 7,62mm so body armour dosent count (sort of).
And its an automatic with a grenade launcher , and it probably has less recoil than the 551.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Did you just say 7.62mm has LESS recoil than 5.56mm?? Think before posting!!!

A 5.56mm carbine might be less stable than a 7.62mm rifle, but the 7.62mm will still have MORE recoil since it is a bigger round -- it has more mass at comparable velocity, which means more momentum, which means more recoil.

c+k|nEVeRmOre

~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~
Striderteen, the SG551 is a very light gun with a short barrel, hence it is conceivable that the above mentioned 7.62mm battle rifle would have less recoil, since it has a longer barrel and weighs around 9 pounds (4.1 kg) with an empty mag, not to mention the added forward weight of the grenade launcher. Maybe you should think before you post :)

It'll jerk around more, it'll have more recoil effect, but the 7.62mm round will produce more recoil. The rifle may be better at absorbing and dissipating the recoil, hence the user feels less of a kick and jerk, but the actual recoil produced by the round firing is greater for the large-caliber rounds.

We're looking at the same thing two different ways; I'm talking about the recoil produced by the firing, and you're talking about the effective recoil experienced by the user.

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
Norwegian soldier with Norwegian AG3-F1 with HK79 grenade launcher. The AG3-F1 is the Norwegian designation for the HK G3A4.

Actually, I think the correct designation is AG3-H1. (H1 means that it has a collapsible stock like the MP5.) Details, details... :rolleyes:

Since the actual existence of such a thing as a human soul is doubtful to say the least (and this is - after all - Sp!ke we're talking about here :p), I suggest Shakken take The_Fur's virgins, be happy and give us the G3! :D

And the G3 has quite a kick compared to most 5.56mm rifles. (I've never tried an SG550/551 so I can't be 100% sure which has the heaviest recoil, but my money's on the G3.)

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
Originally posted by "Sp!ke"
The SWAT team in "The Professional" used H&K AG-3...

Are you sure those weren't HK33s? Or are we thinking about two different movies...

03_07_weapon_01.jpg

HK33EA2 - 5.56mm successor of the G3.

If there is such a thing as a beautiful assault rifle, the HK33 must be it! I just love that no-bullsh*t, solid-looking but sleek design! (Or maybe I'm just getting weird on my old days...)

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
And while your at it... I want

Colt AR15
Colt 1911A1
Colt Python
Franchi SPAS15
Steyr Aug
Bofors AK5D
and several models of Glock handguns would be nice too.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
The SWAT team in "The Professional" used H&K AG-3...

You're either blind, stupid, or both.

If the huge operating handle sticking out of the reciever didn't give it away, nothing will. MOST of that team is using a Sig 551 or variant thereof. Just like the one in INF.

I dont think theres anything with the letters HK or the number 3 in them in that arsenal.

&

&quot;Sp!ke&quot;

About the ag-3 in the pro: I actually didnt notice this when I saw the movie , but it was one of the VERY few things my search engine found about AG-3...

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
Re: A reason not to use the AG-3...

Originally posted by striderteen
....is that it's d*** heavy. Eleven pounds, and that's empty. Throw in a 20-round clip of 7.62mm ammo, and maybe that H&K 79 grenade launcher, and...

...and we have something that I, for one, would never want to haul across a battlefield.

Whimp! :D

I hauled one across most of central and south western Norway for a year, and I know exactly how heavy it is: light enough! And get this: WOMEN in the Norwegian armed forces are issued G3s as well, and they rarely - if ever - have problems with its weight!

Last edited: