1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dream Team Challengers?

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Morety, Mar 23, 2000.

1. Morety

Morety The Farterator

Just out of curiosity, I went through the ngworldstats and tried to search out rankings on a search of PuF to see if there was a statistically better team than Rooster's Dream Team. If the search missed anyone, or if they've got better rankings than shown, post it up. We all know ngworldstats aren't the be-all and end-all, but what the hey. These are as accurate as I could figure, but don't quote me, correct me. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif If you've ever tried a search on ngworldstats, you'll know what I mean...

Rooster's Dream Team:
    Rooster - 268
    hal{PuF} - 1122
    Evil_Beaver - 1657
    HWAS - 2083
    StrangeFish - 2498
    Desperado - 3135
    GunnerX_2000 - 55283
    Osirus - no idea????

Best stats I could find:
    [PuF]BitchSmack - 576
    [FiS]Prophetus/PuF - 2757
    Palomides - 2755
    (I was 2999 'til I added PuF to my name 2 weeks ago)
    [PuF]CHRYSt - 3792
    Fallen/Angel/PuF - 3855
    [PuF]Blast-Em-All - 4008
    [PuF]PainBringer - 5071
    [PuF]Morgan - 5300

Based on the stats, looks like a good team Rooster picked. (As you've noticed, I still can't make my / stand up straight /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

------------------
    I like you better in your rags, Cinderella, 'cause that's when you like to play.

2. Wow, would you believe that's the first time I've seen my status...lol.
    Goes to show you...stats don't tell the whole truth /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif. You and everyone else are way better than me...any day.

[​IMG]
    Lure the Tiger out of the mountains...
    Then run your @ss off fool!

[Ci]Prophetus][PuF][
    CAPTURE! Home of CTF map reviews, strategies and Forums.

3. GunnerX

GunnerX Guest

Holy Macaroni batman!! I'm 55283!!! That a typo or do I royally suck?? /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

Btw, what's that based on? Weekly? Quarterly? I have changed my alias lots of times lately. Hopefully going to get a permanent one. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[MUTTS]GunnerX

4. Morety

Morety The Farterator

These were the quarterly rankings. GunnerX, check out your nguid and see what it is, enter it and check it out. I find this hard to believe as well. Post what you really are.

[​IMG]
    I like you better in your rags, Cinderella, 'cause that's when you like to play.

5. GunnerX

GunnerX Guest

Ok, that makes sense. That number is correct. The reason why its so high is I haven't played for a month yet!!I just started playing 3 weeks ago. Soo, I'm as Newbie as newbies can be. /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

[MUTTS]GunnerX

6. osirus

osirus Guest

i dont have my stats enabled.

7. BitchSmack

BitchSmack Guest

I don't have my stats enabled and WONT ever have them enabled. I'm tired of the "too serious" competition that goes on between players. I was just as guilty of this at one point in time, but for some reason, ever since I disabled my stats...well..i've been playing MUCH better and having twice as much fun! I challenge anyone and everyone to try it for at least a month and see if you become a better player! =)

[​IMG]
    "The only thing that makes life
    bearable is the knowledge that
    some poor bastard has it much
    worse than you" - hrdwaremyk³

"Sit! Roll Over! Play dead! Stay that way!" - BitchSmack

8. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

My original name (like others here) was ranked much higher. I have been as low as 70 ( no not at the beginning of the Quarter either!) /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif. I agree with many of the others ...stats don't nearly tell the whole story. Yes, BitchSmack is a fantastic player...I've had the good luck to play him several times.

[​IMG]
    Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm Godlike dammit!

hal{PuF}

9. Mr Z

Mr Z New Member

I agree with Bitchsmack, after I turned my stats off I became a much better player. It seemed to take alot of the frustration out of playing.

[​IMG]
    [MsR]Evil_Beaver

awaiting the hour or reprisal, your time slips away

10. Mr Z

Mr Z New Member

I agree with Bitchsmack, after I turned my stats off I became a much better player. It seemed to take alot of the frustration out of playing during bad games.

[​IMG]
    [MsR]Evil_Beaver

awaiting the hour or reprisal, your time slips away

11. DragonAsh

DragonAsh Hentai-like

I prefer not to have my stats on.
    I dont feel skill is proven by numbers (especially with all the cheating out now...definately that zero ping thing)
    know what im saying? Unplugg your network card, kill everyone, then plug it back in.

I prefer to prove my worth by showing it. ^_^
    No offense to the others, really.

12. Skumboy

Skumboy New Member

I also agree with bitchsmack.
    My stats have never been enabled either and they never will.

[​IMG]
    "Any astronomer can predict with absolute accuracy just where every star in the universe will be at 11:30 tonight. He can make no such prediction about his teenage daughter." -- James T. Adams

[Ci]t-skumboy|PuF

13. EliteWarrior

EliteWarrior New Member

Just wanted to reply to DragonAsh's post.

Epic's guys said that the stats from all servers running zp would not be taking into account.

Just wanted to clarify that.

[​IMG]
    [Ci]EliteWarrior

Visit us at: utci.clanpages.com

14. desperado

desperado New Member

15. desperado

desperado New Member

16. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Hey, Evil_Beaver, do you normally check the game stats at all? If so, do you just check the server stats and pick out the game you played?

I would go "off stats" in a heartbeat if I knew there was a convenient way to check out a game I was in. It's nice to be able to pinpoint my own weakness.

[​IMG]
    Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm Godlike dammit!

hal{PuF}

17. DragonAsh

DragonAsh Hentai-like

To EliteWarrior:
    Really? Sweet move.

And man, that guy is #1? That does look like B.S.

18. Mr Z

Mr Z New Member

Yes I check my stats every once in awhile, but only through other peoples stats. I just remember who I was playing with and then I look them up instead.