1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr. Frankenstein strikes again: INF_AKS74U

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Snakeye, Aug 17, 2008.

1. EGM<NL>E

EGM<NL>E Member

some aks74u pics

pic 1 2 aks74u wooden foregrip
    pic2 60 shot mag :)

Attached Files:

2. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

I perfectly understood what you meant - the pic2 is so far beyond any military methody I won't comment it further than saying, that we already had a thread here once, covering (I think) a thread on AR15 forums where a dozen or more pics like these were shown.

In any case I'm still inclined to say, that using blue and red stripes, even if they're small, doesn't seem a good idea to me from the camouflage perspective - mostly because these colors aren't that common in natural environments.

I think what I'm not completely understanding is what the problem of having two mag colors for the different ammo types seems to be? If I took just one mag color and added colored stripes to distinguish ammo types, I'd actually have to decide which color (and I'm sure people will disagree on my choice) and you'd be unable to distinguish which ammo type is loaded without HUD (unless the stripe would be on top of the mag) in first person perspective.

It seems like you can always depend on EGM though. Thanks for the pics. That 60rd mag makes me nearly wish I'd be able to exctract and change animations :tinfoil3:

3. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

Couldn´t the front grip be black (as Vega-Don made for AKMSU years ago? Spetsnaz style?) and make the AKS74U this way a lil more distinguished from the SS retexturized AKMSU???

In ArmA a lot of modern Ak74M replacements addons have the taped mag as a feature... but Snakeye´s point about little visibility of something at the edge of the mag is a major conterfeit to this taped mag idea. (thou it could be nice...)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  4. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Short notice on why the new version isn't out:
    I found that on net-games the magcheck puts out a wrong message when reloading (mag checking is fine) - problem is, it seems to do so for all weapons (well, I tested only the M9 so call that an unfair generalisation..). I'm currently investigating this, so please have some patience..

5. Olethros

Olethros Functional alcoholic

Wrong message? As in it says "The magazine is <something>" rather than "The new magazine is <something>" when reloading? In that case:

if(MSM != none) Pawn(Owner).ReceiveLocalizedMessage( MSM, 0, None, None, Self ); // "the magazine is..."

if(MSM != none) Pawn(Owner).ReceiveLocalizedMessage( MSM, 1, None, None, Self ); // "the new magazine is..."

Or is it something else entirely?

6. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Thanks for the reply, will try when I'm sober..

7. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

Well after a lot of research on Friday, i actually couldn't find much on the taped mags for what i had in mind, and i also noticed that most AKs-74u's from what i saw did indeed have wooden foregrips. Not only that but i found a lot of pictures with black plastic magazines as well, so i can really settle with your choice for magazines, and i'm quite content with your choice in the general skin.

It would be nice however, for something slightly different for the main skin as when using this with Psychomorph's skin pack (who wouldn't!) the AKs-74u looks exactly the same as the AKMSU, except for the magazine, and while fighting i rerely have enough time to inspect what type of magazine is in it, nor pluck magazines from bodies. I never have time to actually stop and read the names of dropped weapons, i just glance at it as i pick it up on the jog, so it would be nice if i could identify it a little easier at a glance. I suppose i'll take that up with Psych though.

8. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

@Olethros:
    When I tried running a Netgame with two PCs connected the client PC would get the message "the new mag is empty" for a full reload even though the mag was full (if I hit Grab&FireModeSelect after reload the ammo check works fine) - I suspect that somehow it uses the ammocount from the last mag, but that's merely a wild guess at the moment. What made this really strange was, that the M9 had the same behavior - is it possible I ran magCheck itself wrong? Or is there some server setting I have to change?

@LD:
    The AKS74U has a slightly darker front grip :p

9. verlatt

verlatt ... or something like that.

Nice work, Snakeye :).
    Lethal Dosage, cursed be your name, more of those ideas! :lol:
    <cough> Onyks <cough>

10. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Updated to 0.70.
    Changes include:
    -Disappearing 3rd person mesh fixed.
    -MagCheck functionality added.

I got to circumvent the strange MagCheck behavior for the client by sending the MagStateMessage at the end of the reload procedure instead of immediately after the AddClip() function. I suspect replication wasn't fast enough in updating the RoundsInClip variable to the client.

Please report any abnormal behavior.

Thanks in Advance :D

11. Olethros

Olethros Functional alcoholic

Yes, now that you mention it, I remember running into that very same problem myself when I tested the latest version of the C7 online. I solved it by having at least one complete animation play between the call to AddToClip() and the MagStateMessage.

Embarassingly, I had clean forgotten about that little tidbit, because all my recently MagCheck-compatible IMT weapons have the MSM right after AddToClip(). Guess I still have some coding to do before releasing it.

12. [5thSFG]Mitchell

[5thSFG]Mitchell unexpected guest

Tested this weapon too today. Nothing to report, although I still hate how MC works, but that's another story. :D