1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"Down with the hip hop"

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by rhirud, Mar 29, 2005.

1. spineblaZe

spineblaZe VFX Extraordinaire

<3 :tup: Sooo true. I really like UT2K*'s movement, but one can't deny that it's a little over-the-top.

I like the idea of toning down the movement. The crazy movement in UT2K* is what made the scale seem so weird. They had to make maps giant because you can jump 6 or 7 times your body length. The movement feels normal to us because we are so used to it, but to anyone who hasn't played UT2K* the insane hight and distance you can jump seems daunting and even silly.

I've met some really hardcore Quake 3 players at LAN party's, and I mean really good. Quake 3 players are no strangers to amazing jumps and tricks, but when they see you can jump OVER the entire length of a tank or hellbender with a simple dodge-jump they laugh at how ridiculous the movement is. Toning it down will definately be a good thing for community. :tup:

2. carmatic

carmatic New Member

yeah i have to agree even more about the ut99 being killing people and ut2k4 being not being killed... dodging other people's attempts at causing instant death to you is fun, but not as fun as slowly but surely dragging them towards death with every hit, make it so that aiming helps, but knowing when not to get killed is more important, and it makes every death count more

like at the end of a deathmatch game as it is now, the players are sorted by their frag counts, but all of them have roughly equal deaths, i dunno if they spent a looong time to get it to work just like that, but maybe if the death counts can be made to go in the opposite direction as kill counts... like, not getting killed is a way to kill... that would be ideal