Double map names in map list

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Apologies if it's already been posted, I did a Google search of it and found nothing so I assume the issue is quite rare.

Anyways, picture is explanatory:

This has nothing to do with the patch, it was there long before.
It's just that now it's become a little annoying.

Haven't done anything to fix it yet, I have no doubt reinstall will work, but I'm just wondering if there's anything quicker (delete .ini file or something)

As you can see, it only happens for the default UT3 maps, not any custom or expansion ones.

Thanks for the help in advance. ;)

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
UTMapList.ini I think is the one you want, but I'm not sure.

Worth a try.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I tried it, unfortunately it didn't work.

I guess I'll try re-installing. I've still got the installers for patch 2.0 and Titan, and since it doesn't delete custom contents...

Oh well, thanks anyways :)

«MechikTaj»

lolol First blood betrayals
This happened to me not too long ago. Seems the problem was caused by having two copies of the same .ini file in the Config folder. I forgot which one though. I had made back-ups of my UTEngine.ini, UTInput.ini and UTGame.ini (the were saved as "Copy of *.ini). When I took the back-ups out and put them in a different folder, the problem was fixed.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
Try to delete the whole UTGame folder from "My games" (not the install directory!). After restart the game makes a new copy of this folder. This should solve your problem.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Well I reinstalled instead :D
Had only a few mods though so it's OK ;) (The Ball, custom chars like Xan and Liandri bots, a few maps only)
All can be re-downloaded. (Already had the Patch 4 and Titan stuff)

Anyways, this thread still up for those who wish to go a shorter way. ;)