1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Doom3

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by iddQd, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAS|Spiff

IAS|Spiff New Member

Got it today, for only 41$ :D

Going to play some, l8r this evening...so if i don't post back here, i proberly got an heart attack, and dwp(died when playing)

2. [LNS]Jubei

[LNS]Jubei DeMoN HuNTeR

i think spiff went dwp
    :(

god bless him and may his soul rest in peace.

3. -\Zeta-

-\Zeta- Rave-0-Lution

doom 3 commes whit an editor???? (*A good reason to purchase*)

4. washuu

washuu A Lazy XMP Beta Tester

"X:\Program Files\Doom 3\Doom3.exe" +r_fullscreen 0 +vid_restart +wait +wait +wait +wait +editor

weeee...

5. Richteralan

Richteralan ºØmníºRadium

ah....forgot to say in here
    if you have nvidia card, try enable OpenGL Texture Sharpen...;)
    you'll see your textures suddenly so nice....

you will have...something..like this, e.g. :lol:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  6. IAS|Spiff

IAS|Spiff New Member

lol..almost. it scare the **** out of me sometime... :D
    Was very good, but..as some1 mention u get abit borred doing all the killing..it was almost the same....but a nice and good game....

7. b4nd1t

b4nd1t bulletproof

hmm, seems as if my 61.77 driver doesn't have a OpenGL tab for some odd reason :confused: :hmm:

8. [LNS]Jubei

[LNS]Jubei DeMoN HuNTeR

HE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

9. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

I'm finding it too dark. So dark that its not scary, but flustrating. I'm not edge of my seat with suspense, but with urge to put my fist through the screen cause I just went through the sam edoor three times cause I can't see anything. ooooh a zombie...I'de shoot him if I could see him. All these pretty grapics in the cut scenes, and then they turn off the lights. You can't listen to graphics you evil bastards!

"OK I just killed a zombie...I think...let me get my flashlight...whoops nope...he still gnawing on my leg, let me swith back to my gun, nope I got fists, back to flash light, then to gun...zombie still chewing, can't see sh*t...aaaaarrr...run away, shooting in the general direction that I'm running away from"

I'm thinking that there is noway it can be this dark, and maybe my monitor is crappy, anyone else share this flustration....I have yet to see it mentioned.

10. Zetto

Zetto XMP Beta Tester

Use duct-tape mod :D

11. Dragon_Myr

Dragon_Myr New Member

1280x1024 High details is what I finally settled on.

After properly configuring my LCD's backlight and increasing the brightness to just under half through the game's menu, I have to say that I'm completely impressed and in awe over Doom 3 and it's engine. 0_o The darkness and flashlight issue didn't bother me, which is surprising. I'm on Alpha Labs Sector 4 at the moment. I played a little UT last night and was amazed at how much Doom 3 seriously looks like a CG movie. :) $50 well spent. I'll use my discount somewhere else.

At first I thought I had wasted my money, but this is by far the best single player game I've ever owned. :tup: They left no stone untouched in this game. If you stop and look around then little things like someone banging on a wall and asking for help catch your attention. These are things no other game has gone so indepth with to provide both candy for your eyes and ears.

And so now I am no longer playing XMP. Good games everyone. ;) I need to get my claws on the Doom 3 editor.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  12. iddQd

iddQd Yours truly

Well when you've finished sp, there isn't much good coming out from mp. I bet you'll get bored of doom3 once you've beaten teh devil and come back to xmp!

13. Razorblade Artist

Razorblade Artist Screaming Scars

what do you think of stuff?

14. [LNS]Jubei

[LNS]Jubei DeMoN HuNTeR

that's silly, half life 2 editor is ten times better then dooms.

and doom mp isn't that good.

15. Dragon_Myr

Dragon_Myr New Member

I didn't realize how much of a bitch Doom 3's editor is. 0_o That's really sad considering all that the engine is capable of. The lack of information on it is really annoying too. MP does suck, but making a series of SP maps would have been my idea. I'll have to rip apart some stock maps and see if I can understand how they made everything.

And no, I don't have HL2 yet and will not be getting it until next year at some point. It's not on my list of games I have to play over the holidays this year.

I need dynamic lights in UT2004. :(

16. Dandeloreon1984

Dandeloreon1984 CXP Director

i can't wait to see the unrealengine 3 in action, but i haft to say, dragon_myr, have you tried reading the basics at planetdoom.com, and also, have you thought of asking around some forums, because those contain info also.

17. Richteralan

Richteralan ºØmníºRadium

wow another flash light bitching.

how bout when you go to army, the officer hands you 9 flash lights and a roll of duct tape.

18. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

A roll of duct tape would solve the doom 3 flashlight problem.

<sarcastic> I don't expect to be crawlign through the mars underground hunting demons in the Army. The military uses several amazing lighting techniques that will blow you mind. For instance a "helmet light" or "head lamp". A piece of elastic will actually hold a light just above your forehead, leavign your hands totally free...simply amazing. </sarcastic> .

Hopefully someday the designers of games will catch up to coon hunting technology, and put lights on hats!...lol
    I don't really care about switching to flashlight, but having to use it in every room, just gets old.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  19. washuu

washuu A Lazy XMP Beta Tester

You don't need a flashlight, you also don't need to search for them, YOU KNOW THEY WILL COME TO YOU :D

so.... the lesson is, move and kill.

20. [LNS]Jubei

[LNS]Jubei DeMoN HuNTeR

hl2 editor is gonna be fun though

they included the facial animations and you can add voices too it

should make for some fun

you can record a fart and let it come out of his mouth

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.