Doom3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
(GR)Killer said:
Thx it works better now :D but i hate those damn zombies wit da shotguns...they r like aimbots :mad: have never missed me :( but this is by far the scariest game i've ever played...actually i think this is the only game i've ever been like "oh ****!" with in a non mad way :lol: :(

lol i remeber when i first played Resident Evil

now i **** mysekf at that game was almost 10 years ago and i still remeber it perfectly.

when i 1st got to the gaurdhouse i had to turn it off cause the music freaked me out too much lol

bearing in mind i was about 8 lol

also Silent Hill was one if not THE scaryest games ive ever played.

|g|Hercules

xmp-God & Shotgun Whore
Apr 29, 2004
You gotta love all the little extras in this game.

If you take your time and look around, this game gets better and better and scarier and scarier.

When I first got the game, it didn't run all that well, but with a few setting changes, it runs like a dream, errr, nightmare, lol.

PM me if you have any trouble and I'll do my best to help ya out and get the game running good. Cause when it runs good, there isn't a game out there like it.

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
Guys Post your bench marks here

Settings

High Quality
1024x768
Anti Aliasing Off
Vsync Off

to benchmark press Crtl+Alt+` (The key under your escape button)

and type timedemo demo1

Heres what i got.

My System
----------

Pentium 4 3.04 Ghz HT 800FSB
1gb PC2100 Kingston Ram
MSI Neo2 875G
Geforce FX5700 VTD256 VIVO
Seagate 40gb Hard Disk 7000 RPM - not sure about the RPM's

My Results
----------
2148 Frames Rendered in 144.6 Seconds
Average of 14.9 FPS

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
What's the point in the demo? it's just one of the guys who created the game probably and has lots of 1 shot kills on the slow moving zombies :lol: and uses the flashlight in the light :S

settings

med quality
800x600
anti aliasing(whatever the default is)
vsinc on

Zetto

XMP Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2004
Pro^Kp said:
...to benchmark press Crtl+Alt+` (The key under your escape button)
It's called "tilde" :D

Re ur score: time to upgrade, don't u think :lol: nah, i am just teasing... just go to nvnews or something, they got plenty of tweaks for doom3.. Without the game tho I can't vouch for their effectiveness ;)

Kaio

Apr 5, 2004
Zetto said:
I sure hope u wore diapers at the time :D

I only use best quality diapers!

fixies-maxi44.jpg

Btw: It's time... :D

jordanio

Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
I'm playing at Medium Quality, 1024x768, and V-Sync is turned on. Right now, I get 30 FPS in non-action (it's capped at 30, never moves down or up), and anywhere from 20-30 FPS when I fight zombies.

Last edited by a moderator:

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
i was playing it late at night, after just getting it, and i was in the first stage near the security checkpoint coming out of the ground. I play it pitch black in my room with the gamma real low so that when its meant to be black, its fuhc|<ing black on the screen. Anyways, I'm creeping along real slow, as not to wet my pants, and a transmission comes over the intercom that sounds something like a man screaming as he's brutally murdered by the most demonic force hell has to offer. . .I see a body sitting on the ground, leaning against a desk. . .i think to myself, "maybe he has a gay pda download for me". . .i look around the room to make sure I'm not murdered as i let down my guard to check the body, determine I'm safe, i can take a breath and check him out, and turn to inspect the body when "holy Sh1t" the body leaps up at me and i jump/myheart stops worse then any horror film I've seen in years. I just started laughing my ass off because I couldn't believe how effective this game is at keeping you on edge, and if you truly immerse yourself into the setting with no light/lowgamma/sound absolutely cranking, it leads to a playing experience i have not felt in years from a sp game.

washuu

A Lazy XMP Beta Tester
Oct 18, 2003
Minnesota
www.washuu.org
This game is long...

I played it like 6-8hours strait or something with friends last night... Most fun eva... especially my friend... when something skidders by.. hes like, **** that ****. im not going in there.

5.1 sound + heavy base + HDTV = pwn

get 30 - 60 fps on 1024x768

Apathy

The original
Apr 16, 2004
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
My current rig.

Athlon xp3200 oc'd to 2.5 ghz
2 raptor drives (36 gig)
9800xt oc'd to hell and back.
Abit nf7-s
Audigy2 ZS gamer edition
Creative 6.1's (don't remember the model #)
Mitsubishi 22" crt 1280x1024@100

Doom3 is awsome on this rig, I don't scare too easily but this game has its moments, the atmosphere really sucks you in, those pda's really are stupid though.
I just want to kill, not mess around with someones email crap looking for codes to lockers and such.
I don't know exactly how far I am in the game, I got to a point where two of those larger creatures that walk on all fours attacked me, I had already killed a few of them earlier on in the game but never faced more than one at a time, they cornered me and I was facked.

Great game so far, well worth the $$

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
i just installed the new doom3 beta drivers from ati, gonna see if it makes much of a difference. The multiplayer is just silly because the movement of the other characters is weird and snake-like, hissssssssssssssssssssssssssss

anyways, here's my rig, I'll post again with rough driver scores from doom3

p4 prescott 3.0 @ 3.67ghz
9700pro @ 360/330
1024mb khx pc-4000 in duel channel
asus p4p-800 deluxe
14 case fans

the one thing i did notice about the game tho, is the loading time is much higher then any other game load time I've ever had with my memory.

Skipr

Apr 1, 2004
I got a super old system

AMD 1600+ XP
512 RAM
GeForce4 Ti4800 128 RAM

I got this baby flying at 800x600 on high settings, all effects on except for AA. I tried 1024 with same stuff, but was too choppy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.