Dont allow Players to Pick Up Guns

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should It be possible to Pick up guns Mid-game?

• No

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • NO

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters
S

"Sp!ke"

Here is a suggestion: Dont let players pick up guns in the middle of a match.
Reason why: People with PSG1 get other players to bring an extra gun in their loadouts, just to give it to the PSG1 fellow.
In real life then you dont change guns in the middle of a battle.
Iam not talking about huge behind enemy lines ops, where you wont have any resupplies, iam talking about Inf with 5min encounters. And if you manage to waste 5 clips in 5 min: Go to the shooting range...
I have personally never had any use for picking up new guns.

And there were more when I first thought of it but I sort of forget things, fast....
:D

This is also an excuse to test the "Poll Function", that wont work since I am a moron, but its worth a try....

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
Hmmmm I smell a rat in this poll. It appears to be a bit biased, or am I just having problems with my eyes again;)

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
biased? watchoo talkin' about, willis? sp!ke, is it true? you rigged the polls? how?

hmm... No? or NO? i can't decide, dude... :D

And if you manage to waste 5 clips in 5 min: Go to the shooting range...
so true, man... so true...

&

"Sp!ke"

OMG! I seriously didnt mean to do that:D
But what do you think about the suggestion?

And I seriously didnt mean to do the "No , NO" thing....

krate

Newbie for life
May 23, 2001
Silicon Valley
Visit site
Helping each other by carrying extra weapons and ammo for your teammates is realistic and encourages teamwork. I'd like to see more of this, not less. I'd like it if we could put together a machinegun team or a morter squad.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
It was a hard decision between No and NO. I don't know... But you're right. I almost never use more than two clips, except when providing suppressive fire. Then it goes up to 3 or 4.

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
Good point.

Anyway what do you do if the guy on your team with a SAW gets hit?
You could get by without the SAW, but still it's unrealistic not allow someone to pickup the SAW to replace the lost firepower.

Technophile

Look, location works again!
Oct 31, 2000
Texas, USA
I don't think you should disallow picking up weapons. That would be lame and unrealistic.

On the other hand I think the Robar should be handicapped the same as the PSG. You shouldn't be able to make a loadout with anything but a pistol with the Robar, either.

&

"Sp!ke"

You cant pick up guns in R6...
In real life: You DO NOT CHANGE GUNS IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE! So its realistic.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Nice poll.

(Like something out of 1984 :p )

What happens if I have to drop my gun during a reload to whip out my pistol and pop a cap in some inept sniperrrs ass?

Get that fixed and I'll be all for it. I generally carry three or four clips and pick my shots. I don't pick up guns mid-round because I am too lazy to adjust my tactics on the fly to account for new assets.

drkim

Look Ma, I'm on Inf!
Sep 1, 2000
www.stclaire.edu
Solution: Limit loadout

This is an excellent topic that has bothered me no end. Here is my modest proposal:

1. You can't pick up something you already have. i.e. If you have a DE already, you can't pick up another one on the ground. This keeps us slow humans from always getting beaten to the booty. At least once our bot friends are topped off.

2. Stricter limits to how much crap you can carry. It's insane to think real soldiers are running around with nades, 2 kinds of sidearms, an MP5, an M16 and a Robar. How about a hard limit of:

Utility items: knife - nades - ammo
One sidearm.
One long gun.

3a. If you stumble across a gun that uses ammo of a type you are holding you can strip it of ammo (by doing a 'pickup') to top off your own weapon. However the gun stays on the ground (albeit dry.)

3b. If you stumble across a gun of a type you are <b>not</b> holding (but would prefer) you can discard the same category one you have and then pick up the new one.

Thoughts?

drkim.jpg

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
you normally wouldent exchange weapons mid battle in cqb. but this isint swat only style fighting.

open field, troops regularly take weapons off the enemy. weather they try to use them depends on their needs. theres nothing stopping them.
you might argue that we wont switch weapons while the shooting is hot.
but whos to decide when its hot or not?
there can be breaks in the fire for several minutes on larger maps. pleanty of time to pickup, check, and reload an enemy weapon.

&

&quot;Sp!ke&quot;

Why would you pick up a new gun in the middle of a game?
You can change loadouts if you want something else next round.
You dont have to buy weapons, so it wont save you any money.
The price of the psg1 vs the amount of credits in-game might be there for a reason. Reason: the Psg is a powerfull weapon and definetly one of the best in inf.(imo)
Iam not saying no to carrying ammo, which will be a nice feature when properly implemented.
And dropping your gun while reloading, isnt that unnecessarry to do when the Quickaction is gonna be fixed to interrupt reloading(i think...)

&

&quot;Sp!ke&quot;

Oooooooo, forgot about falling.....:(
ANother sugestion in the paper bin....