1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do you do advanced thinking/tactics while playing inf? POLL

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by R-Force, Dec 25, 2000.

1. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

So, how do you like to cook your foes? You use your hard earned skill to cap them at every opportunities? You use all the common sense tactics you learned or heard about the best way to defeat your opponement in a given situation? You improvise attack plans on the fly depending on the situation, trying to out-think and lead your foes into traps? You play differently depending of your moods and need of the moment?

This poll can give a nice idea of the overall thinking and play style of the INF players :)

[This message was edited by R-Force on Dec 25, 2000 at 17:03.]

2. Jackal<QSF>

Jackal<QSF> One of the last INF OG's!!!

I usaly use the skill i learn in paintball also in INF

people usuly notice when they watch me :)
    I think of my tatctics on the fly when the sisuation risses
    hehe ask Swad and GPK =)

Death smiles at us
    all..All you can do is
    smile back =)

[This message was edited by Jackal_FBA on Dec 25, 2000 at 16:46.]

3. LordSpoon

LordSpoon plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!

enough polls allready!

[​IMG]
    I once ate a pie with a plastic fork.

4. Acey4 NA

Acey4 NA New Member

all i can do is cap the dues,since theres !!!!NO ONLINE PLAY!!!!

its right out side the door,now testify!

5. JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy alive

lol fork. i agree with you on this one.

[​IMG]

6. -=<<NRA>>=-

-=<<NRA>>=- New Member

What the fuk is with this guy and polls? Stop it allready.

[​IMG]

7. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

What is the problem with polls? If you don't like just don't answer it! I don't remember any rules that force anyone to read and answer every poll i make...

Nah... This kind of flaming don't even deserve answers... :rolleyes:

[This message was edited by R-Force on Dec 25, 2000 at 23:52.]

8. -=<<NRA>>=-

-=<<NRA>>=- New Member

the problem is that there is too many

[​IMG]

9. BobTheFearlessFish

BobTheFearlessFish New Member

i usually play ctf

i usually play ctf and so to get anywhere i have to use tactics, if i kill someone it is likely that they will respawn near to the flag. if i play deathmatch then i just kill them.

Nothing right in my left
    brain, Nothing left in my
    right brain

10. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

:)

My most common tactic i use while playing INF and similar mods (the one with some realism in them) is to flank my targets... I try to come from the rear of the side and avoid direct frontal attack if i can... Also if i'm compromised and they start shooting at me, i seek cover then i try to get away using every trick from the book to let them guess if i'm still there waiting, if i turned around the corner and i'm comming after them from another side or i just escaped while i was not in their field of view... It work quite well both IRL as in games : they expect you to stand your ground and fight right away, or if you seem escaping they believe your are an easy kill and follow you (to their death if you plan your trap well)...

I remember the old day when i played DUKE NUKEM 3D :). All the fun i had just by laying traps with pipe bombs, using the Holoduke, planting trip wire or deliberatly triggering lifts and other stuff just to make my friends comme after me during online/lan/modem play :).

11. Dano3000

Dano3000 New Member

i just......

Well, what I do is go up to my hoes (bots) and say ,'YO BEEEATCH WHATCHA BE DOIN IN THE FWONT LAWN OF POWT JOUSY!!' It seems to work when i just cap dem mofos, but other whys i scream and yell and kick and scream till my mommy gets me ice cream. :rolleyes:

I BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM CAPS IN YO ASS LIKE BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM YO

12. JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy alive

alright, five bucks says pimpsta-macro is whiter than an albino.

[​IMG]

13. I_ABuGa

I_ABuGa Vetran

LOL JB.

Pimpsta-macro, slow down a little. No need to be so excitable. I'm getting a head-ache from all that shouting - read: capital letters.

Yelling and screaming dont get you any more respect. You know Valium is? I got a VSS loaded with a tranq dart filled with 40ccs, keep it down or I'll put your left butt cheek to sleep.

14. Galaddin

Galaddin Forum Drifter

I have learned to filter out everything in caps so if there's anything important there I've probably missed it. :p

It's a wise person who knows the difference between free speech and cheap talk.

15. Warhound

Warhound New Member

Missing part of this post...

Hey R-force :) long time no see! Whats really hard for players of RL games/mods is to develop tacts and strats for games that don't have multiple missions tasks. I have noticed that most players of the games out now dont use tactics because the mission is search and destroy(deathmatch). Not much strategy is required for this mode of gameplay. Devs have discussed with several game sites that they will boast campaign and mission systems but i haven't seen any that have made it out of beta(although navy seals quake is almost out of beta). IMO until mission and campaign systems appear more in mods and games alike players will ignore strats/tacts because its not really needed. Gameplay is also really fast so there is less time to fallback and create alternative strats and change tacts. I do not know if any of you noticed but when you play online how many players do you see working as a squad? Even if they do work as a squad of those players how many fallback and regroup and change tactics? You just dont see it often enough. It's a good subject to talk about but it just doesnt seem to spread into the main stream gaming community. Maybe if devs would stress its importance through gameplay types (hint hint) people would adopt tacts/strats and carry them to other games other then inf. Um I think I have wrote more then enough i will stop hehe.

Warhound out...

Ggggrrrr...Watch your six...you've been hunted by scent.

16. [PiP]Celtan

[PiP]Celtan Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

IMHO, the best gametypes for tactical gameplay are Domination and Capture The Flag. If the maps are done well, with many ... let's say "tactical opportunities", you could develop tactics to capture the flag or DOM point while you had to worry about defending your already captured points.

To make sensible tactics, you have to know the map and the possibilities you have at hand, and you also need to have good communication between the your team members.
    I think this is not too easy to achieve, because it needs a lot of training in a group to get good at tactical operations

Burn, Baby [​IMG]

17. Cuchullain

Cuchullain New Member

The tactics are what draw me to Inf. It's a shame to see valuable information wasted in here.
    I love to hear what others do in different situations. I'm really hoping that a good league will form when INF goes live.
    My favorite tactic is to use teammates. Broad answer I know, but it's a broad question. It's easier to dram in opponents, open soft flanks and empty enemies clips when you're working as a coordinated team.
    I'm looking forward to heavy use of Roger-Wilco or some similar tool to allow easier team conversation. I think that will really draw out the possibilities of this game.
    When this thing goes live people are gonna wonder why they stuck with Chess all this time...

I BELIEVE IN GREATER ACCURACY THROUGH VOLUME!!

Dedicated to providing the Infiltration community with a one-stop source for information and fun, friendly on-line gaming.

Visit us at www.sgservers.com.

18. Steel

Steel New Member

tactics - yes

I play DFLW and am part of a squad. We definitely use tactics, even when we are just on public servers messing around. We use RW extensively, and without it the tactics could not happen. As far as INF goes, I just started playing this game so have not had time to pay much attention to tactics (single player...but have tried a few different approaches to elimination of enemy during bot matches). Tactics will depend upon the map, the team playing, their cohesion as a team, and leaderships and communication during a game. I look VERY forward to INF 2.85...

Stop, Look, and Listen
    Steel

19. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

Hey Warhound!

Too fast gameplay and lack of objectives just make people play fast but with little thinking... Even UT can become very tactical if you slow it down to 60-70% of it's speed... Slower paced games let players think (or let them time to write to teammates ;) )... For sure Roger Wilco will be helpful with 2.85 :D.

I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

[This message was edited by R-Force on Dec 30, 2000 at 02:12.]