1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do people still play INF?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Derelan, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

Hey folks, I haven't played INF in years. Do people still play online? Whats the average player count on servers?

2. erehwoN

erehwoN The Bass Ackwards BTL

I don't know, but I kinda want to find out. Now if I can just find my UT CD...

3. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Well, last sunday the average player count in XploD COOP was ~3 between 2000 and 2130CET. I'd suppose if you take a day or week average it would be 0.somethingish.

But perhaps an re-influx of new(old) players could change that and raise my own server presence to more than once or twice a week..

So people grab your UT CDs, install and get ready to rock&roll :D

4. theRoadStroker

theRoadStroker A Dickcheese Faggot

Hey if people stop playing that Coop and start playing some TDM or DTAS , I would happily jump in :D

btw does anyone know where I can download the infiltration server radar.... I kind of deleted it by mistake :D - Thanks Nukie :D

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  5. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

Same here. As much as I do like Coop (MW2, Ghost Recon or L4d) I never really enjoyed playing the UT campaings in INF.

And I'm not really sure if I can motivate myself to deal with version mismatches, dual-core problems, dynamic core frequency of modern processors - just to sit on mostly empty servers in an angled environment reminding of the last millennium .

Attached Files:

• isr.zip
      File size:
      665.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Biene_Maja[FOOL]

Biene_Maja[FOOL] Member

I play InfCoop and I want to play TDM but my daughter don't want that...

Last time TDM was played at monday. Osterhase, Alo_08, Thor, Kris, Kopa and XploD played at the XploD-server.

7. StevenGarcia

StevenGarcia Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
  8. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

I would if I could, but I still don't have a computer capable of running the game. If I ever get around to fixing the old or buying a new one computer, I'll play. Anything and everything but the monster-thing would be great.

9. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Haha, I remember when you joined a co-op session back then, when you left I told Stinkmarder that we won't see you there ever again. It was quite a (bad) arcade day back then (also on a map that requires few players), had nothing to do with the tactical greatness we often experience on Stinkmarder's servers (XloD servers are more for relaxed arcade gaming, it's not bad, just not the same thing). I knew you had quite a bad impression about it.

However, I'd prefer a real co-op any day, reason why I don't play Ghost Recon 1, Raven Shield, or even Rogue Spear (I used to play it often some time ago) is because it's not INF (doesn't feel good) and I don't know tactical players there (playing on Stinkmarder's server has like a guarantee for a good realistic/tactical game play), so I stuck at INF co-op this time around, but I admit sometimes it sucks to shoot monsters.
    I can't play newer tac-games, because my PC is outdated, because I never bothered to upgrade, because of the leak of games of interest for me.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  10. Insector

Insector The insect from the other sector

Hm, just seen I hadn't logged in here in about 1.5 years. :(

Still haven't upgraded my PIII with less than half a GB of RAM and an ATI 8500 for lots and lots of years because... well why would I?
    There is nothing out there that comes close to inf's gameplay.

So, am still gonna wait another year or so for Ground Branch, or for a full blown all-in-one inf-alike for Crysis or whatever, or for anything with skeletal anim sys and vehicles and better physics than UT.

Damnit, I miss INF's high time ca. 2002-2004.

11. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

Yeah, I hated it. Not my kind of game at all. I didn't know the map and I honestly thought it was some sort of TDM game and I think I ended up killing a few guys before I gave up. You were absolutely right. I haven't played on the server since then and I probably wont any time soon either. That being said, Infiltration will be the first game I install whenever I get a decent computer up and running again.

12. Lt.Col.BoyHitsCar

Lt.Col.BoyHitsCar AFA Member & Beta Team Target

i'm always game for any game mode.

I need to fix ghost my HDD to a new stable one and then re-install.

me misses my INF fix. I feel like a junkie who has been clean just long enough to really miss chasing the dragon. :lol:

13. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

I'd play if I could get a clean way to install the CE on my mac :s

14. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

You could try Windows XP in a VM. ;)

15. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

I wanted to install bootcamp and boot in native windows, but I forgot my OS X DVD in Canada and I'd like _not_ to buy a second one just for this. Someone should bring it over in june... but that a long time to wait :s

16. eur0civ

eur0civ New Member

Sup all...I used to play inf like 8years ago or something. was in a clan, I think it was called Dr. or PhD. PhD eur0civ or maybe Dr. eur0civ, I dunno
    I want to play some TDM and DM I will be around checking to see if peeps are in the servers.

My game is loading up fine but if I try to connect to say Xplod's COOP server, it gives me INF_CORE mismatch or INF_Assets mismatch....any ideas? Im on UT 436 and INF2.9CE

Cant wait to get some INF going again, hope to see players out! Can we maybe get a regular scheduled time for TDM & DM? Like every Thursday at 7pm EST or every Sunday, something consistent so more people can plan for it and show up regularly

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  17. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

INF_Core mismatch is (usually) caused by connecting to a PsyTex server with a non-PsyTex installation or vice versa. Since XploD runs PsyTex you should get it - plus it makes Inf prettier.

18. eur0civ

eur0civ New Member

Ok thanks I will for sure get Psytex. Hope to see people playing!

19. MadWoffen

MadWoffen Soon! ©

Yo people. I tried last year to connect to a server but there was so many file to dl and so many errors I gave up. 39 years old now, few time left to check there or there which pack to get or not... Gimme something simple and I might try it again.

Prop ups Almost and other old timers, how are you doing ? You were my best years online. Cya!

20. zeep

zeep :(

Hi madwoffen, Crowze is (or was) making an update to the inf community edition. Myself i'm also waiting for that one to get back into inf.