UT2kX DM-TrainingGael

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jefe

The Dark Rat
Nov 11, 2008
T E X A S
www.vgmp3.org

Yesterday I was discussing hybrid maps with my friend Hollon, I said I should make one and he was like "DO EET." So, after about 6 hours of work, here is DM-TrainingGael: two copies of Training Day connected to Gael in the center.

The only change to weapons was switching the Rocket Launchers on the upper floor of Gael to Bio Rifles and adding ammo for them. Otherwise, weapons, ammo, pickups, and player starts are still in their original positions; the weapon selection of Training Day (Flak, Link, Shock, Mini) and Gael (Rocket Launcher and Lightning Gun) complemented each other nicely. Even after combining the space of 3 maps, it's still quite small, so I don't recommend more than 4 players.

Although this is a DM map, it is symmetrical and I even separated the map into red and blue sides. It's ready for a CTF conversion, just need to add flags, modify player starts and other AI stuff. If someone wants a CTF version, I'll be happy to oblige, but I'm not much of a CTF player, so I'll only do that if there is some demand. Or they can do it themselves.

Credits:

DM-TrainingDay was made by Scott McGregor and Lee Perry and DM-Gael was made by James Schmalz. Both are stock UT2004 maps.

------------------------------

DOWNLOAD:

Gamebanana

UTZone

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Both are stock ut2003 maps actually, if you have ut2003 you could release ut2003 version of this as well. Besides the ut2003 maps do load in ut2004 but I don't think one could load them backwards in the game.

Jefe

The Dark Rat
Nov 11, 2008
T E X A S
www.vgmp3.org
I don't have UT2003, all I've played of it is the demo. In UT2004 both maps have the newer 2k4 weapon bases, and I didn't change them. Other than that I changed the two wall textures on Gael so the maps would match up a bit better (one from a package that was already in use on Training Day, the other from cassTextures2, which I believe is used in DM-Gestalt, so probably a 2k4 package.)

I don't know for sure, but I think that switching to the older weapon bases might make it 2k3 compatible.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Dm Gestalt was actually a map that was cut from original ut2003, so it actually uses ut2003 pckages as far as I know.