1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 DM-StalwartXL [Final] [PC + PS3]

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by KillBait!, Jun 4, 2008.

1. KillBait!

KillBait! New Member

Map Name: DM-StalwartXL

Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 3

Description: The Classic UT99 maps with an upto date twist

Comments: This is the Final release of StalwartXL.... please report any bugs you have found (hopefully there are none)

Credits: Killbait! : 2k3/2k4/ut3 versions .. Many thanks to Alan Willard for the original UT99 version!!

Thanks go to the following people for help while making this map..
    Cubic - Alpha Testing/Creative Input
    FishThrower - Testing and Suggestions
    Nuky - Bug Testing and File Hosting
    AnubanUT2 - PS3 Testing
    LesMort - PS3 Testing

Version Notes:
    1.0 - Initial release

Known Issues:
    PS3 version have no door sounds due to the limitation on cooking custom sounds

Screenshots:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Download:

PC Version - FileFront or Unreal Playground
    PS3 Version - FileFront or Unreal Playground

Please Note - A custom .u file (KB_CustomKismetActions) is included in the archive of the PC version... It is required the play the map

Happy Fraggin'...

2. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

From the screenshots, the map looks cool. Downloading.

3. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

looks very dark.... The original was very bright.

That could be just my impression from screens and it may look very different in game, but its still seems very dark.

Also, the original Stalwart had a more blue-white lighting scheme. Did you intentionally go for this new yellow-greeney lighting?

4. Grogan

Grogan New Member

Very enjoyable, thanks. I downloaded this a few nights ago. The bots seem to do some crazy jumping in this map and it's fun to pick them off (I'm an instagib whore, that's how I mostly play this game)

I like the greenish colour scheme used in this map (haven't tried the other Stalwart).

5. Bazzwano

Bazzwano Hi, I'm Bryan

I know you, u made terra, at least for ut2004 i think....?

6. KillBait!

KillBait! New Member

@gregori

I dont think it's too dark myself, rather than make a straight port of the map, i did change the lighting scheme and added the whole outside part, the UT3 version is what i wanted to do in the 2k4 version..

I just used a bit of artistic license, imho, the lighting matches the setting of the exterior, the DarkWalker was originally a off hand thought that turned into a technical nightmare.

@Grogan

Stalwart and StalwartXL are identical lighting wise, just a few minor changes.

@Bazzwano

Yes.. it was me..

Hope you enjoy playing it.. It was an interesting project to do..from a kismet and coding standpoint anyway..

7. Bazzwano

Bazzwano Hi, I'm Bryan

really? we are talking about CTF-Terra right? unless you have already made it for UT3 how could kismet be involved? I would love it if you did make terra for Ut3 by the way... I loved playing that map.

8. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

I think he's refering to this map when he's talking about Kismet! :)

9. AdrenalineMuch

AdrenalineMuch New Member

Nice job on this, it wasnt to dark for me. Liked the layout, nice and simple. :)

10. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

good remake with good theme and true to the original (in XL version anyway). I don’t think it’s too dark but perfect for UT3 (lighting/shadows, classic layout/flow and visuals). UT2004 versions were brighter than original, so it was a nice change to make this darker than original. I like the greenish tint, surrounding city, ambient sounds, music choice, flickering lights, hatched trim, red pipes and deemer cam (like UT2004 version). I like the weapon/item placement (esp redeemer) and the bots could be better but not bad.

http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=6995

http://www.gamefront.com/files/9722995/DM_Stalwart_XL

http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2982