1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2kX DM-Rundown: My 1st map

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by stocko2k, Apr 17, 2009.

1. stocko2k

stocko2k New Member

Hey people,

Ive created my 1st map and thought i would put it here and see what people thought. click here to download

The map was created for a uni project which didnt require pickup placement or sounds but i carried on with the map after the project was handed in and would like to know what people think of the placement of pick ups and stuff.

I'm not afraid of bad critisism so if you think the map is a complete load of crap let me know but atleast try and suggest ways of improving it instead of just telling me it's crap.

Thanks
    Stocko

A few screenies...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. Mastame

Mastame New Member

Try putting up a few screenshots mate, it will definitely motivate people to download it.

3. stocko2k

stocko2k New Member

cool thanks will do man......

AND done

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  4. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Looks good, except that in the first two screenshots, the ceiling (and walls) have no real texture, just something brown on it. Lighting isn't too good too, except the blue PC light that I really like :) Too bad the table didn't get lit that well.

5. stocko2k

stocko2k New Member

The map itself is ment to be a dis-used hospital hence the plain walls/ceilings i tried tobreak them up by placing posters and such but i guess i could change things a little bit by putting some ward guiide lines on the walls. Lighting i know needs some work not much i can say about that bit other than i shall give it a go at making it better.

Thanks for the comments though dude and atleast you liked the blue light lol

6. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

I liked it more than only that lol :D The layout seems to be pretty good, it's realistic. Textures are the ones I don't like, that's all :) Basically you should use a variety of textures for it, and then change lighting to make it appear abandoned. Items don't lose their colours just because they're not used. But the place should have less light, and that will give the feeling of being in an abandoned building.

7. minifloppy

minifloppy New Member

8. stocko2k

stocko2k New Member

that 1st set of pics you linked the1st pic is 1 of the 1's i used when designing the map cause it had a very sterile feel which was what i was hoping to get across. i'm gonna take a little look into projectors over the next few days and see about putting some blood spats on the walls or make a few new textures with spats on them to save me doing it as a projector

9. TurdDrive

TurdDrive sam k

hey put coronas under some of the lights makes a more othentic view

10. stocko2k

stocko2k New Member

ok so had a little play in photoshop and made something to break up the walls a bit i think it might be a bit TOO much lol but then its you the public that matter lol.

what you think?
    [​IMG]

11. TurdDrive

TurdDrive sam k

you could put in a surgery room which you can only see into and make a unreal Script secuence with screeming sounds and such

12. stocko2k

stocko2k New Member

the facility is ment to be abandonned so havent put any screams and such in. i know ive done things such as have the computer/tv's turned on which gives the appearance of it being a working place but the brief we were given in uni was abandonned.

i may add another surgery room in that the player cant get to and have a dead body on the bed or something i dunno the actual layout of the map i'm kinda happy with as it works for a small DM map its just the overall feel of the map that needs working on really

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009