UT3 DM-Phera

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
DM-Phera [PC/PS3]

Name: DM-Phera

Version:1.0

Compatibility: UT3 Titan Pack, patch 5

Description:
This place used to be a way station for countless Nali pilgrims.
But then the Great Flood came and this temple lay forgotten for almost a century.

Comments:
This is pretty much the kind of map I used to play on LAN parties with my buddies 'back then':
A truckload of bots, a handful of players, fraglimit set to... something crazy and just have fun =)

Screenshot:

[SCREENSHOT]http://spoondog.beyondunreal.com/images/miscimages/phera01.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://spoondog.beyondunreal.com/images/miscimages/phera02.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://spoondog.beyondunreal.com/images/miscimages/phera03.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Credits:
Thanks to the CBP Team & other testers, and the entire team at Epic.
Special thanks to Spoondog for lots of technical stuff and distracting me on boring days at work =D
Credits also go to HazelH for her Chizra texture pack and Hourences for his Unreal Sky package.
Last but not least thanks to Ambershee for helping me with Unreal Script to get the Healing Fruit done!

Homepage: www.nelsonmaps.blogspot.com

Download:

Download for PC

Download for PC (Strategy Informer)

Download for PS3

Download for PS3 (Strategy Informer)

First UT3 map I made after DM-CBP3-Saip. Hope you enjoy it =)

Last edited:

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
Indeed, kudos, this was a fun play with 2-4 players. Feels smallish at times, but lots of vertical play more than makes up for that. The throwback theme is a nice touch, and the exterior in particular is quite beautiful. Well done :tup:

Shivan Hunter

May 29, 2009
DLing, will give feedback. Looks good from the screeniez. :)

[EDIT] Played it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The layout is simplistic and easy to figure out, but there are a bunch of opportunities for ambushing players. Gets really hectic with 6-8 players- works really well with 2-4 though.

I must say, the inclusion of the Nali healing fruit is awsum. That and the whole style of the map brings back memories of the original Unreal. Now it just needs some Skaarj... :p

Last edited:

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Wow...first map that actually challenged me. I only came in a close second place. Good job with this one. I usually win custom maps by a landslide otherwise.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
great atmosphere and z-axis!

Unbelievable atmosphere here with sky, sun, stars, planets, clouds, trees, water, indoor water pond, islands, birds, ambient sounds, and nice building details. Yes, it could use some Unreal music and isn't that a Nali up on that cross way over on top of the mountain? Nope, nevermind.:) The gameplay involves serious z-axis with a great possibility of falling if you get too close to the outside edge; the crazy jumps and lifts make for some interesting matches. I can't seem to make that one long jump back toward the top of the building for some reason, but I think I saw a bot make it at least once. The bots are tough in this one and, ah yes, I like the inclusion of the Nali healing fruit also. No, this map without blocking volumes is fine as I like flying around checking stuff out before I start. Besides, I had to verify there wasn't a Nali on that cross anyway.;)