1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Other DM-PainStation

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by Jival34, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Jival34

Jival34 New Member

Hi folks

Here is my first playable UT2k4 map, inspired by 'C3L1_Train_Station' level from Painkiller.
    Several months have passed since the foundation stone was laid, with long pauses and working days in between building sessions.

Some 'MyLevel' resources are from mods (see the ReadMe included in archive), websites and other games using the Unreal Engine 2.5, but most of these are my own creations with Audacity, Photoshop 7.0, and UnrealEd 3.0.
    All custom static-meshes were made with BSP and are thus not fully optimized.
    I hope your computers can eat this messy polygon soup which has remained dormant for 11 years at the back of my mind.

Thanks to Hellkeeper for helping me path the map and place items.
    Thanks to him, my first map can now live !

Have fun and feel free to comment, rate or share your thoughts. =)
    Jival

Download link (110 Mo, 5 files) : https://yadi.sk/d/8ngKJctIi56Gz

Screenshots :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. Hellkeeper

Hellkeeper Soulless Automaton

I've already told you so in private but this map is spectacular. I can't remember the original Painkiller map, but what you made of it is truly impressive by its sheer scale and the amount of work put into every single detail. A huge achievement in all regards (even filesize), it looks, sound and feel very, very real.

3. Heimdallr

Heimdallr New Member

Right, it's spetacular map.
    Maybe too huge for a DM map. But ... for a zombies killing (i don't remember the mod).

I love the coke dispenser like recovery of life.
    I regret that the engine (so beautiful) can't start up.
    Have you tried to add some light ray in the principal room from the windows ?
    [​IMG]
    Even if you emitter from the ceiling windows is good, that's improve the atmosphere.

4. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

my only comment based on the screenshots is everything looks a little bright. The attention to detail is fantastic as Heimdallr said look in to the lighting and it'll be even better.

5. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Member

This looks amazing! Many thanks for this, I'm downloading it now.

6. Carbon

Carbon Altiloquent bloviator.

Great work mate...thanks for this! :)

7. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

I remember the original Painkiller map; this looks like a pretty awesome rendering of that concept. Good game.

8. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

I know I keep saying I'm coming back, but it might actually happen this week. Not sure what I'll be doing, but will check here first. By the way, what's going on at Epic forums (still have UT3 and UT2004 reviews section things), I'm too scared to check....LOL?:) I'll be commenting in this thread first and until then I'll do what it says in Manticore's sig;)

9. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

Was going to review first, but no Chrome access to this site to DL file.