UT3 DM-Malevolence [v0.25][pics][Beta1]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
What do you mean? Run down abandonned place vs new high tech facility?

Looks like I didn't make that more clear. The Thread plate texture. It was rusted out in the original but the original texture was a little too tiled looking so I replaced it in the screens above. But I was asking which the players would prefer:: a classic look or the newer "shinier" floor.

Phobos. I can't find it. I am find Phobos, but it isn't remake of classic Phobos.
I will wait you remake of classic Phobos ))
About you map
I am download it. Very very good :)
And I am think that old version is better

grand :)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
So which is it to be: Golden oldie or New 'n shiny?
The new, less oxidized one fits the map better IMO since everything else in the map looks new, but right now it is too shiny and the colour is perhaps too similar to the walls. The bump is OK, try with a darker colour and maybe a little less specularity, if possible... ;) I like the scale of the older texture, though...

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Looks like I didn't make that more clear. The Thread plate texture. It was rusted out in the original but the original texture was a little too tiled looking so I replaced it in the screens above. But I was asking which the players would prefer:: a classic look or the newer "shinier" floor.

OK, in that case

The new, less oxidized one fits the map better IMO since everything else in the map looks new, but right now it is too shiny and the colour is perhaps too similar to the walls. The bump is OK, try with a darker colour and maybe a little less specularity, if possible... ;) I like the scale of the older texture, though...

barballs

May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
Got a few more little things to take care of. Some die hard fans have recently come out of the wood work. So am making sure they've got a chance to get their feedback in before final.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Just tried it the other day and everything seems fine to me, but I'm fairly easy to please sometimes.:)

EDIT: I just tried a few more bot matches tonight and still see nothing that needs changing......looks and gameplay work for me.:cool:

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Even though this is still a beta, I thought I'd go ahead and comment as my comments will probably not include anything people are complaining about (except for one thing).:) The layout is similar to the original with same good classic gameplay (plenty of flow and connectivity) and good weapon/item placement; although, I found it tricky getting to the shield belt (is that an impact jump?). The bots seem a bit too easy in this one though (not sure how to fix it). I liked the lighting, shadows, rising steam in the lights, dripping water, rock faces, city view and the music. I originally thought those lights in the water were coming from above, but they're not and that's a good thing.;) Yes, the wood cracking sound needs to be fixed for sure as it almost sounds like someone is firing up a chainsaw. This is a good remake that needs to be finished.

barballs

May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
I am on that this week actually. I am looking to get it off my plate finally! :) The wood has been fixed and it is an almost perfect double jump to the shield or an easy ish wall dodge. It was primarily meant as an impact jump (why the two health was there originally) but now there are other options.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I'm just short on the double jump and I never really can do the wall dodge that well and never use the impact jump. Oh well, I'll mess with it some more. The final should be good.:)