1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 DM-LTC_Spirit

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by LtClifff, Dec 22, 2008.

1. LtClifff

LtClifff New Member

Name: Spirit

Version: 0.2
    Compatibility: UT3 latest patch PC, PS3 (soon)

Description: Origionaly built as a lighthouse by an ancient civilisation, this behemoth structure now serves a very different purpose. Despite being neglected for thousands of years it is still in pristine condition. I wonder how long it will take some rockets and a few flack shells to change that...

Comments:
    Howdy Guys! Finally I have released an Update for this map.The reason it took so long is because I recently picked up a couple of awesome games: Fallout 3 and left 4 dead. However, I have taken up work on this again, as well as about 5 other projects, and ti is coming along very nicely!

Alpha 2 is hugely different to the first version as should be apparant from the pics. By no means am i scratching the island theme, i will even leave the download up. However, after numerous playtests I had come to the conclusion it just didn't feel right! After a while I came up with this. It seems to work well at the moment so I thought i would throw out something new for you guys.

Tell me what you think of the new version and if you prefer it or not!

ALPHA2
    [​IMG]

ALPHA1
    [​IMG]

Credits: So far Me and Epic
    Homepage: N/A

ALPHA2
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+SpiritAlpha2zip/;13316745;/fileinfo.html

ALPHA1
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Spiritzip/;12725108;/fileinfo.html

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. Mclogenog

Mclogenog I put the lol in philology

Hmm, the outside looks a little bit too open. I'll try it out though and let you know how it plays.

3. LtClifff

LtClifff New Member

coolio :D please say anything/everything that comes into your head while playing this map!

4. Mclogenog

Mclogenog I put the lol in philology

To explain briefly, I think it is too open and a little too monotonous. It can became very easy to dominate with the increasingly powerful equipment at increased height. The sniper rifle (at the very top) has almost no use, because it is in a location where any players are hidden behind the dozens of ramps in the level. The level, however, does provide an absolutely amazingly silly round of low grav instagib :p. My hopes for future releases would be to add more color to the environment, open up some locations (such as the middle pillar), close off other areas (surrounding walls are a bit too open), and decrease the pick up count (does the player really need 4 magazines of sniper ammo right next to the sniper?). Any how, fun even with its flaws. Keep up the work.

5. LtClifff

LtClifff New Member

lol :D haha yes It probably is a tad bitty too open!

Anyways! I have taken what you have said into account! The map now has ruins leading down to the ocean and this structure is built right up out of them. There are frosted glass windows looking into rooms full of high tech equipment. I am going to make lights get steadily bluer the higher up you get. I have already made some of these alterations but tbh it is christmas and i am taking a break for a while :D

6. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

not only that, but maybe a 2nd small land mass and a bridge to cross over, some trees to help hide a bit. So not only could you have a great DM but very well possibly a CTF as well. I do love the lighting.

7. LtClifff

LtClifff New Member

Ta :D I spend a lot of time in my maps getting the lighting right as I think it is pretty much the most important part of your map visually. You can make a square room look beautiful with oen pillar in the middle and decent lighting! It also doesnt need to be overly complex with millions of different lights. In this map so far there are only 2 colours :D

Also! I do have plans to do a CTF version you may be pleased to hear :D It would be quite easy really, make a slight alteration to the strucutre then copy and paste!

Anyways! Please share any ideas for improvement visually and gameplay wise that you can think of :D

8. LtClifff

LtClifff New Member

Howdy Guys!

Alpha 2 is now uploaded and ready for download! Check back at front page for pics and download.

Some pretty Ginormous changes have been made in relation to layout. It is now more of an oil rig structure sort of thing.

Tell me what you think of the changes, and please, dont hesitate to offer some constructive crticism!