1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2kX DM-Isolate

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by Loz Hippy, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Loz Hippy

Loz Hippy New Member

Name: DM-Isolate
    Version: 1
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Description: This map is for 6-12 players and was made with TDM in mind.
    There are a lot of custom textures; I made heavy use of Berneyboy's Photorealistic Textures Pack and sometimes combined his textures with my own.
    Comments: Thanks to my husband Matt for his suggestions, thanks to Jefe for your feedback, and to Beyondunreal Wiki, including Highlander and Radiosity on blocking volumes.
    Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Credits: Me, Epic (for the game, and the stuff that comes with it) and Berneyboy for his texture pack (see above).
    Homepage: n/a
    Download:
    http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4295
    http://ut2k4.gamebanana.com/maps/184253

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  2. BigSpeck

BigSpeck Member

Looks neat. Textures remind me of a game I had on the PS1. Might try it and throw it on my server.

3. Median12

Median12 Mapper

Nice!

You my_level the textures I see.. I looked in UnrealEd Textures "In use" and saw most are custom which is wonderful.

Easy to run around in .. Nice flow .. Nice music

The Goop gun is useless in all maps I think.. Personal opinion.

It would of been nice if the mushrooms had exploded! I shot them and nothing :)

I loved the contrast between the blue mountain skybox and the orange interior.

You used Ambient lighting I think as in some places the lighting is a bit strong. 64 has always been a strong effect.

Right BigSpeck but I forgot it's name.. The Japanese one where you run/hide on the rooftops?

Nice Texturepak btw Berneyboy. I recognise the floor so maybe I already got it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  4. Loz Hippy

Loz Hippy New Member

Thanks for the comments guys :)

I think I made a pattern for the floor textures, then used a Berneyboy rock texture to 'dirtify' it (by making the rock texture different colours and pasting it into the colours of the pattern). I used a lot of these textures, or very similar ones, in DM-Catwalk for UT3 so that may be where you recognise them from.
    While the outside is set to unlit, the inside has no ambient lighting. I'm probably just a bit cautious with my lighting style and should maybe use a bit more contrast :)

5. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

One of these days, I'll get around to checking out map again. I'm just really busy with real life these days. This one looks good anyway and is very different.

6. Loz Hippy

Loz Hippy New Member

7. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

At first glance, the red/orange jumps out at you and you wonder WTF is that, but then you look at the design and the contrasting background scene and it calms down a bit. I liked the designs along the way and the gameplay was very good. The bots don’t give any mercy in here and I also liked the vegetation indoors contrasting with the winter scene outdoors. Seems a long way to weapon pickups in here, so make sure you know the map before playing online.

8. Loz Hippy

Loz Hippy New Member

Thanks for the review :)