DM-INF-Cymru

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Please try to add Freons random deco generator. You know, that one that adds litter , leaves or anything randomly on the floor moving like the wind is blowing.
This looks very cool and real and Mid will absolutely like it.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
The new bushes are ready, but i'm still in the state of rebuilding the map 20 times a day to get rid of lighting bugs (yep this map is full of em). If i can't get a working version with the few light changes i've made, i'll just release the original version with additional plants. Oh, and i've also made water non-transparent to see how it goes : it's not as pretty as it was before, but now you can crawl underwater without been seen (it adds a twist to gameplay IMO).
About the plants not being accurate for the realism of the place, i really don't care. Especially since i don't think the atmosphere of the map reflects truthfully Wales (at least from what i know from pictures :D ). At first i even thought the map was in corsica, or somewhere on the mediterranean sea (come on look at the dazzling sunset and transparent sea!).

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
ant75 said:
Oh, and i've also made water non-transparent to see how it goes : it's not as pretty as it was before, but now you can crawl underwater without been seen (it adds a twist to gameplay IMO).

o_O
hmmm
no. please not.

reasons:
- more confusing gameplay (enemies can pop-out from everywhere - it's impossible to guard the water then)
- unrealism of non-transparent water

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Still, i think i gonna go through with it, to see how it goes. Don't worry, swimming is very slow, therefore you can't swim a long distance without starting to loose health : in the end it's not that great an advandtage. Plus i realized while playing that there were some chokepoints which you cannot go through without being seen, making sneaky tactics and capturing very hard. And about the realism of non-transparent water, i'm not sure about that, because it really depends on the geographic region : in some places you can't see past 30 cm of water when the sun is low.
Anyway, don't worry it's still a beta, it very much may change.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Maybe this should go in troubleshooting but in this map i see a lot of 'cracks'. They appear and disappear when i'm moving. As if the brushes don't connect sometimes. Maybe you can call it tearing but it's not the same tearing as vsync.
On most other maps i don't see this behaviour. But, being the bugmagnet that i am lately, maybe it's just me.

Pic 1 shows how it appears and disappears. Note the windows and side of bridge.
Pic 2 shows how it interferes with the distanceview. If a player was somewhere near the yellow 'crack' i don't think i'd see him very well.

Attachments

• lines2.gif
    lines2.gif
    212.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Shot0025.jpg
    Shot0025.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 38

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Don't worry it happens to everyone. I've noticed this problem since the original version, i guess it's due to a very complex bsp.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
New version available. Water is still transparent, because it's basically the same version as the former one, with extra plants. I do have a version that includes some lighting changes, but it still has visual problems i can't get rid of, so i'm probably not gonna release it. Apparently Ued has decided to deny me the right to modify this map anymore :( .

I was kinda undecided about which version i should release, so i'll give a description of each and maybe you guys can help me choose ;) :
-version 1 (released here) : exact same lighting - new plants added
-version 2 (not released) : light changes to get rid of most of dark walls and textures - water non-transparent (can be changed easily) - new plants added - has 2 lighting bugs : a incoherent shadow somewhere on the ground in village (not really visible if you don't pay attention), an area where *sometimes* the player is almost not lit at all (it's somewhere on the beach under the ruined manor). As i said the second bug does not happen all the time, and the area is rather small.

Anyway, here is for now the "light" new version :
http://super.unknown.free.fr/Maps/DM-INF-Cymru-Beta2.zip

IMPORTANT : this zip includes a new texture file, please replace the older one with this one !

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Okay, Map issue. I'll try to get X-Y laters (at work ATM). Anycase I fell threw the map a few steps after spawning. It was in a broked up building. The building had a least one complete window frame and the walls I believe where hard stone like. I was trying to jump into/over the window (which was to small to jump threw) and I went a little to my right to jump over the half wall, then I found my self falling......

Attachments

• Shot0000.jpg
    Shot0000.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Cool, glad I was able to help. Sorry that I did not have the X-Y.... I was not in the mode of looking for bugs, I was just making sure it ran on the DTAS Server. I hope it did not take u to long to find it and I look forward to your next beta!