UT3 DM-Hope

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
DM-Hope [Final] [Pics]

Name: DM-Hope

Version: Final

Compatibility: 1.2 is what it was built with

Description: After the initial invasion, General Rein and his men retreat to a super computer cooling facility, only to be caught in the cold by the Necris forces. Now, Rein and his men hold their ground, hoping the storm will break long enough for a transmittion for help.

Comments: This is a contest map that I have spent this entire month working on, it has been a great experience with much difficulty. I hope you enjoy playing it. This map is intended for 2-4 players and a pretty powerfull computer is necessary to run it at full power. I am still working on optimizing it even more for better gameplay (which is the primary reason for this being beta and not final).

Screenshot:
Screenshot01-2.jpg

Screenshot03-3.jpg

Screenshot04-3.jpg

Screenshot02-3.jpg

Credits:
Cryosis and Hyrage for Beta testing

Download:
http://files.filefront.com/DM+Hope+Finalzip/;10882920;/fileinfo.html

Last edited:

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
this was one of my favorites for the contest, i really like the gameplay and the visuals.
I still think that is too dark, the light is bland and the ambience and setting is somewhat flat. but i like it

btw, i gave you more then decent feedback for your map and even credited you on mine, but w/e :rolleyes:

Mclogenog

Thanks guys. StraTooS, I only gave credit to the people that tested fairly extensively, there isn't room to credit every person that gives feedback, sorry.

And yes, the blood decal was made by using Camera Blood package and turning one of the textures into a decal, very simple and very lovely. Thanks again. :)

LtClifff

Feb 26, 2008
Wow Mclogenog! How the hell did i miss this! Don't tell me this is the map you were working on all that time ago... Looks awesome!!!

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I am getting low framerates in my comp... it is still playable, but considering it is such a small map, it should be running way smoother. Other than that it's a nice-playing map, though the Invisibility makes it not good for Duel games... gj! :)

Mclogenog

The framerate is likely due to the real time display screens. I thought it would be fun for gameplay, though it seems to be sucking more energy out then it is putting back in. As this is a final release, I will not be changing that, but I will keep my mistake in mind in the future (or come up with a better way to implement it).

EDIT: as for the bit about the invisibility, I thought it would be a fun counter to the real time displays.

Last edited:

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines